Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Good evening,

I wanted to check if this will work for a Lenovo P51s 20JY ?
    I have a supervisor password that i need to wipe.

thank you.

Comment

I have two Lenovo x250 that I am having trouble with, both with svp and at least one with computrace that showed up when I cleaned the ME region trying to get it to boot up. I have been successful with an X240 earlier, but no luck so far. I have included the generated patched files to both and yes, I did try the unlocked X250 patch files from Lenovo Unlock Dxe Driver Bios Collection. Same result, no beeps, black screen, mA consumption from 6 to 125 then back to 6, in a loop. Yes, I did find the security switch and another white switch, which corresponds to a hole in the backplate(cmos reset?)
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Hi team 128 MB working fine with autopatch, but 32 MB file is failed here , please look in to this and please suggest us

Comment

Update: Nevermind, I got one done and working on the other one. Problem was that I was desoldering and soldering with hot air station and it wasn't soldering correctly, there is a lump of lead on the center of the BIOS chip pad, made it rise a bit, legs weren't reaching down I think. I cleaned all pads, tinned them again and laptop boots perfectly with the autopatch bin file. Let that be a teaching moment for me.

Comment

Hi! Does this work for a lenovo T560s? I have a supervisor password and computrace enabled & activated and I read several pages ago that removing the supervisor password using the auto-patcher could also disable the computrace? Thanks.

Comment

@s0ulf
              The AllService solution that the Auto-patcher uses is a 2-in-1 solution, it will (1)reset the Supervisor Password and it will (2)deactivate CompuTrace (if enabled/active).

Comment

Hi,

Please can someone tell me what my SVR password is so I can go in and remove it?

I have used the CH341a to save the bios 3 times to make sure the file is the same each time and no corruption.

Please see the attached 1.zip file. your help is greatly appreciated.

Lenovo P51s 20JY

zip contains:
                Name: 1.bin
                Size: 16777216 bytes (16 MiB)
                SHA256: A1E7278A3855F13B2567C4775F3D6A0CC8F0FAFBD3E9FF30B8AA8EB77831D438

Comment

Originally posted by Bill_Carson View Post
                  Hi,

Please can someone tell me what my SVR password is so I can go in and remove it?

I have used the CH341a to save the bios 3 times to make sure the file is the same each time and no corruption.

Please see the attached 1.zip file. your help is greatly appreciated.

Lenovo P51s 20JY

zip contains:
                  Name: 1.bin
                  Size: 16777216 bytes (16 MiB)
                  SHA256: A1E7278A3855F13B2567C4775F3D6A0CC8F0FAFBD3E9FF30B8AA8EB77831D438
                  Hi try this!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Markus1741 View Post
                    Hi try this!
                    Hi Markus1741 thank you.

do I just need to flash the bios chip with the attached file?

Comment

Laptop getting Shutdown after pressing F1 while unlock with patched bios

Comment

Kindly patch this file.

Comment

Hi try this!
                          WORKS A TREAT!!!
                          followed the steps on page 1 of this thread, works great!
                          thank you, God bless you!

Attached Files

Comment

Hello, anyone can help me please to patch my laptop?
                            Its a Thinkpad X1 Yoga 2nd Gen.

Thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by speedjunky View Post
                              Hello, anyone can help me please to patch my laptop?
                              Its a Thinkpad X1 Yoga 2nd Gen.

Thanks a lot
                              Hi you can try this!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi you can try this!
                                It worked on the first try.

Comment

Trying to do this on a t460s, i patched the file but after flashing it when I try to turn the laptop on the screen is black and the fans spins for 3-5s then it seems like it restarts. Any ideas what could cause this? Thanks.

EDIT: Reflashing with the original dump does the same thing
                                  How fucked am I?
                                  Last edited by s0ulf; 03-20-2021, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by speedjunky View Post
                                    It worked on the first try.
                                    Glad to hear that it worked.
                                    I think it is very important to have a good backup of the original BIOS file.
                                    I always read it out three times myself.
                                    Then I compare these three with MD5SUM to see if they are identical.
                                    Only then can the whole thing continue successfully.
                                    With best regards :

Comment

@s0ulf: That's what happened to me. Solder chip with soldering iron, check for legs fully joined to pads, no bridges. Is chip correctly positioned? Not upside down? Check with microscope if available, or invest on one, it will pay for itself.

Comment

@Mazorca I didn't desolder it, I used the testing clip

Comment

the file is corrupted or not supported

Thanks to the author!
                                          Everything worked for me right away.

Comment

Working...
                                          X