Würth Elektronik Electrolytic Capacitors Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Würth Elektronik Electrolytic Capacitors Official Thread

Even if Würth was a good manufacturer in other products, (like coils, film capacitors, etc) that does not always mean they will be good manufacturer in electrolytic capacitors. I think Samsung manufactured their own electrolytic capacitors at one point (They may still be doing it under a different name) and they were mostly crap. (from what i know at least) Some of their older capacitors would also short themselves out. IIRC Philips also manufactured some not very good electrolytic capacitors.
    Last edited by RukyCon; 10-30-2017, 01:47 PM.
    I'm not a expert, I'm just doing my best.

Comment

I re-use many of the Samsung caps I have, they were among the better ones.

It is believed the fab is now Sam Young.
      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
      Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

radio spares sell wurth capacitors ..i trust them to not sell shit components . like why would they ?
        funny thing is i had some specially flown overnight from Germany as they messed up my order . cant remember what i used them in now .

Comment

I don't even know what that is, frankly.

But there is very little companies who actually care about the quality of what they sell even if that means not selling at all, like me. Absolute majority has just what sells, with no questions about quality.

That's how you get line CCA power extenders and power cords on the market. Heard it was already spotted here in CZ.
          Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
            I don't even know what that is, frankly.

But there is very little companies who actually care about the quality of what they sell even if that means not selling at all, like me. Absolute majority has just what sells, with no questions about quality.

That's how you get line CCA power extenders and power cords on the market. Heard it was already spotted here in CZ.
            they have been going years and well respected .
            http://uk.rs-online.com/web/b/wurth-...26&r=f&sra=oss

Comment

Würth does Relabel jobs like their Hammer Drills - they look Identical to the Blue Bosch ones. Wich isn't bad at all, quite the opposite...

In Terms of Parts, there is barely anything you can not get from Würth. From "Dübel" over screws to inductors and now parts. But never is Würth the best of the best but rather somewhat decent to good stuff...

So I'd not worry that much with the capacitors.
              And also they are easily obtainable. Every half way decent parts shop has (some) Würth parts...

I haven't tried it yet, but I know some companys here tend to use Würth parts...

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
                they have been going years and well respected .
                http://uk.rs-online.com/web/b/wurth-...26&r=f&sra=oss
                Oh that, all right than, only knew the URL acronym rs-online

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
                  Have you seen Kemet electrolytics for sale recently? Or Vishay for that matter?

We need to start testing these two companies by using them in repairs... We know nothing about their quality.

...or we'll end up with something like Epcos -- a trash brand everyone believes is on par with Japanese caps.
                  I just bought some kemet for my old pyramid ps35
                  they gotta be better that the yec's that are in it.
                  I'm surprised the yec's made it this far...

That bullseye bung is a total letdown though...I hate those.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Cartel View Post
                    I just bought some kemet for my old pyramid ps35
                    they gotta be better that the yec's that are in it.
                    I'm surprised the yec's made it this far...

That bullseye bung is a total letdown though...I hate those.
                    Ah. good old YUCK caps.

I imagine they probably survived because the power supply uses a line-type transformer rather than switch mode design. And perhaps your unit doesn't run hot? I know heat kills GP crap cap brands fairly quickly otherwise. But remove heat, and sometimes they tend to do OK with a bit of luck.

As for the KEMET caps... yeah that bullseye bung doesn't inspire much confidence either. Makes one wonder if KEMET actually makes these electrolytic caps themselves or rather just buys them from some other cheap cap company and slaps their name on them. If it's the latter, no telling how long they will last... in which case, it might not be a bad idea to keep the old YEC caps, just in case.
                    (Actually, if you do repairs often, it may not be a bad idea to keep those YEC caps anyways. As long as they test in spec or somewhat close, they'd still do better than failed caps.)

Comment

It's believed that the large "soda" can caps from Kemet are at least half-decent, although they are generally cheaper than japanese and similar brands. I would not trust smaller ones though.

BTW, I do have Chemi-Con LXA 10000/100 cans on order for that matter. They are not cheap really, but still way cheaper than from all those big resellers and the MOQ is fortunatelly just 20 pcs. Should arrive in february

Comment

Been getting a lot of Wurth/Kemet/IC/CD caps lately when I don't need low esr and high ripple current handling. Just got 40 caps or so from digikey for under $10 with shipping. Mostly Wurth.
                        --------------------------------------------------------------
                        Ryzen 3600x
                        16GB Patriot 3600MHz
                        MSI B450 Gaming Plus
                        MSI Air Boost Vega 56
                        Acer 32" 1440P Freesync
                        Rosewill Capstone 750W
                        --------------------------------------------------------------
                        Hakko FX-888D Station
                        FX-8802 Iron
                        MG Chem .8mm 63/37 RA 2.2%

Comment

Originally posted by jayjr1105 View Post
                          Been getting a lot of Wurth/Kemet/IC/CD caps lately when I don't need low esr and high ripple current handling. Just got 40 caps or so from digikey for under $10 with shipping. Mostly Wurth.
                          The price on Wurth for 100uf and lower can't be beat on Mouser in most cases, the price on 50v 105c for those tiny values is just unbeatable.

Some brands like Lelon i don't trust so much for larger caps I will gladly use in 10uf or smaller, I have 100's if not 1000's of Lelon 10uf 16v caps in 5v circuits and never once had a failure in maybe 5-6 years.

It was something like $0.0088 per cap to buy 100 10uf and 1uf Wurth 50v on Mouser this month and I haven't had anything go wrong with them. Again when I think of brands and I'm buying 10uf or smaller in bulk, I will and have used some brands I otherwise would not touch. Wurth being one of them because above 100uf the prices are not competitive.

I still mostly buy Chemi-Con and Panasonic for power supply duties ~200uf and above though the amount of Chemi-Con I have had to replace in the last year or two is making me think twice about buying more Chemi-Con (off topic I know)

Comment

I've just scrapped some tiny DVB-T set-top box filled with some rebranded Jianghai. Same PoS as lelon.

Almost everything, including the smallest caps, were bulging. This was like second time in my life I've seen something like that.

So yo better go elsewhere with that BS mister.

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
                              I've just scrapped some tiny DVB-T set-top box filled with some rebranded Jianghai. Same PoS as lelon.

Almost everything, including the smallest caps, were bulging. This was like second time in my life I've seen something like that.

So yo better go elsewhere with that BS mister.
                              Back in ca. 2006 I torture-tested some Jianghai. At the time Evox-Rifa was distributing them. Compared to the several ______con and Panasonic series that did well, the Jianghai were junk, in the same junkpile as Lelon.
                              PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                              To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X