Philips 55PFL5601/F7 only shows white or very little color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips 55PFL5601/F7 only shows white or very little color

Hi there, I was just given a Philips 55" 55PFL5601/F7 that turns on fine but the screen will only show whats on the screen in white. I tried searching but was told that the power supply board, input board, and tcon could all be the problem. I was wondering if there was a specific fuse that I could be checking or any other pointers. The only thing I could find that seemed off was the power supply board has a quiet whining coming from the center left of its board. I have a few pictures to the tv below and where I hear the sound from if they're any help. Thanks in advance for any help I can get!

https://imgur.com/a/59CJKDQ

Re: Philips 55PFL5601/F7 only shows white or very little color

So I did a little poking around with my multimeter and found that on the power board the diode D656 has 12.9v but the resistor R651 right after has little to no power going through it. I think this is causing the inverter transformer T601 to have very little power on the contacts 10-15 on the entire top row. My first guess would be that replacing the resistor would be the way to fix the board but if anyone could help me before I end up buying all the wrong parts and end up breaking it more I would appreciate it.

Also heres a quick picture of the area Im looking at if it helps at all
    https://imgur.com/a/3fbCGI5

Comment

You can measure the resistance of the resistor to confirm but it doesn't look burnt.
      I think your issue is possibly a gamma issue related to the tcon. Or perhaps an issue with a component on the panel driver board.
      Can we get a decent photo of the tcon. If you click "Go Advanced" Then the paper clip, you can attach photos directly here.

Comment

Heres a few pictures of the front of the tcon, my camera seems to blur around the edges of the picture so I took a couple towards the edges too.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X