Microscope Camera question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microscope Camera question

I'm getting a much more magnified image on the camera of my trinocular microscope than the one I am seeing through the eyepieces

I set the camera to minimum zoom but it will not zoom out anywhere near enough to work properly.

Adjusting the vertical position of the camera on the microscope sets the focus, not the image size, so I have to position it at a set distance

I've asked the seller but before they answer, can anyone say if this is actually normal? Not having had a proper microscope before I have no experience.

Attached is a pic of the monitor screen and a pic taken through the eyepiece of the same PCB at the same magnification setting.

Rich
    Attached Files
    Follow me on YouTube
    ------------------
    Learn Electronics Repair
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Re: Microscope Camera question

It looks like its set to 4:3 zoom its stretched the image. Whats the camera and monitor model numbers .
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I think there are adapters (barlow?) to put on the camera to make the image further away.

Comment

Thanks
        I got a reply from the vendor telling me the camera was working normally and I needed to buy a CTV 0.5X adaptor to fit on the camera then the image will be the same size.

I then asked if he sold the correct adaptor and he gave me a link to this one, and says I need to select type CZMCTV 1-2.
        https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3286...3d073e5f9rxcr0

So hopefully that will solve the problem and it isn't particularly expensive but I do wonder why the microscope plus camera combination I bought didn't include the correct adaptor in the fist place.
        Follow me on YouTube
        ------------------
        Learn Electronics Repair

Comment

Just a follow up
          I received the CTV 0.5x Adapter and now the camera shows a much wider field of view.

Not quite as wide as through the eyepieces, but it is close enough.
          Follow me on YouTube
          ------------------
          Learn Electronics Repair

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
            It looks like its set to 4:3 zoom its stretched the image. Whats the camera and monitor model numbers .
            hello guys.. camera question here.. what do you suggest with this set up.. i have a zoom camera i bought in aliexpress.. question is how can i connect it in composite input of a TV .want it to connect directly to a 40 inch tv via composite in or vga input. i already connected the camera directly to tv via usb but with no avail..already tested the camera via laptop and it works perfectly.. any suggesion... thanks again
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Duranitron; 10-24-2020, 11:49 PM.
            Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Comment

You need something in between, you could possibly get away with something like a raspberry pi zero, but a raspberry pi 3 or 4 should do it, assuming there are ARM drivers available for that camera. An old laptop would definitely work.

Comment

thanks a lot for the suggestion...
                Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Comment

Working...
                X