Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hp Touchsmart 300 bios

Hi,

Does anyone have a working dump for the HP Touchsmart 300 with motherboard APP78-CF, the problem i have with this machine is when powered on only the fan comes on, very loudly, no beeps or anything else. Iv already tried removing all the components ie. RAM, HDD, etc. but get the same result.

Any help/advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Re: Hp Touchsmart 300

Originally posted by mohibr View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone have a working dump for the HP Touchsmart 300 with motherboard APP78-CF, the problem i have with this machine is when powered on only the fan comes on, very loudly, no beeps or anything else. Iv already tried removing all the components ie. RAM, HDD, etc. but get the same result.

Any help/advice would be appreciated, thank you.
    Does the power light flash when you turn it on. Count the number of flashes. Are you using the original power adapter? You cannot just substitute a notebook adapter.

Comment

try this one not tested.
      Attached Files

Comment

In a very similar case i found the dvd was bad. It was thinkpad Edge AIO. Fan moving very loudly perhaps indicates some component attached to the mobo is bad. So isolate one by one and you may get display. I learnt this after wasting 2 hours flashing bios and troubleshooting.

Comment

Does anyone have the 300-1223 which is version 5.12 ?
          i flashed the oem dload and have no logo.

then flashed the 300-1038HK and shows version 6.xx and french but logo works.

or maybe a way to fix the SLP DMI info of this amibios junker.

Comment

Originally posted by LatinMcG View Post
            Does anyone have the 300-1223 which is version 5.12 ?
            i flashed the oem dload and have no logo.

then flashed the 300-1038HK and shows version 6.xx and french but logo works.

or maybe a way to fix the SLP DMI info of this amibios junker.
            i flashed original webpage JESS5.12 renamed to JESS512.bin in linux with flashrom and my trusty CH341A (in windows all spi flash proggy versions misread for me?)

then i was able to recover the template of dmi info from the french bios and apply it to mine with amidedos which is part of TTAV134 hp_dmi_tools with commands similar to
            https://forums.mydigitallife.net/thr...11#post-412592
            had to write each line manually as config.dms did not work to write.. i think its due to version and date lines in it had to be erased?
            Last edited by LatinMcG; 01-20-2018, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Hello! ... I have the same problem of the fans to the maximum ... what should I do to compose it? ...
              Last edited by SMDFlea; 08-05-2021, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X