This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Hall of Shame - Badcaps Photo Montage

2 Vented Rubycon MFZ 2700uF 6,3V and one starting to vent.
    These were on an Xbox 360 Systemboard. It had one lifted yellow 820uF 4V Fujitsu Polymer as well. I replaced them all (13Pieces) with Samxon GA 3300uF caps and the polymers with Chemicon PS 820uF's however the Xbox still says the 0200 error code. Maybe the CPU/GPU is cooked by the excessive heat.
    Attached Files

Comment

First time I've heard of the Rubycon MFZ. Perhaps they're special or outsourced production? The printed text on the sleeve seems to be in the correct font and looks like the genuine thing. Of course, the Xbox 360 is known to run very hot and unreliably, even without the added handicap of bad caps.

Comment

Originally posted by linuxguru
        First time I've heard of the Rubycon MFZ. Perhaps they're special or outsourced production? The printed text on the sleeve seems to be in the correct font and looks like the genuine thing. Of course, the Xbox 360 is known to run very hot and unreliably, even without the added handicap of bad caps.
        i have seen rubycon mhz on intel mobo's
        on the same ones with hm/hn
        funny thing is there is only 1 on the board.

Comment

The date code, "T0533" means the parts were made in August of 2005. I'm used to seeing "S" as the first character; not familiar with the MFZ series. Don't UCC and/or Rubycon have 125C rated aqueous series?
          PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
          To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Rubycon ZT is the 125c aqueous series.

Comment

the Rubycon MFZ was discussed here (BC forums)
              but looks like no conclusion on "what were when"

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3123

did a search at Rubycon and checked a few charts...no mention of them
              (just wondering)

If it isn't a typo on the pdf (link) then they must be the real mcoy but when where how?

might be like linuxguru and KC8 (link) said....maybe like the FJ pannies for one region only

humm .......one of life's little mysteries........ (I suppose at the moment.)
              You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you may be swept off to." Bilbo Baggins ...

Comment

Bulged nasty SAMXON capacitors on a power supply/inverter from a MAG lcd monitor.The two small capacitors in the inverter section are 50uf 25v samxon GK series.And the other two in the secondary of the smps are 470uf 25v samxon GF series.The failure of the two in the inverter section caused the Ic in the picture to become a toasty critter.The monitor was manufactured in mid 2005
                Attached Files
                Last edited by tvtech; 12-19-2007, 08:21 AM.

Comment

And yet another one....
                  This one is a samsung lcd power supply/inverter from late 2005.The Two brown caps are 1000uf 10v CapXon GL series and the other one is a 820uf 25v SAMXON GF series....nasty
                  Attached Files

Comment

kys vent
                    kentucky shit?
                    Attached Files

Comment

This is probably the best pic of the capacitors on my motherboard. Note the leaked electrolite on the capacitors near the CPU.

Cheers,
                      Dave
                      Quitely implementing RFC 1925 wherever I go.

Comment

^
                        Seen a lot of those boards... Poor Abit... Those boards with good caps are bulletproof, make sure you repair it, instead of throwing it in the trash.
                        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                        Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                        http://folding.stanford.edu/
                        Team : 49813
                        Join in!!
                        Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Phenos
                          however the Xbox still says the 0200 error code. Maybe the CPU/GPU is cooked by the excessive heat.

I'm not familiar with the XBox workings at all. Is there a bios thats accessable to the user?

(i'm just thinking out loud now....)

Even if there is a 'fixed' startup code in CMOS shouldn't it still be resettable if it hangs?

Whether or not there is a jumper to reset the bios, if there is a battery onboard that could be disconnected, would draining the circuit and reconnecting the battery achieve the same thing as resetting the bios?

*I ran into a board one time that didn't have any 'Clear CMOS' jumper. The instructions i finally dug up said that if you remove the battery and connect the positive and negative battery terminals with a paperclip (10 seconds), you could reset the bios.

Comment

that's interesting !
                            there exist mobos w/o clear CMOS jumper

Comment

The jumper does probably nothing else then shorting out the supplies led too.

Comment

first 2 are from a PS, a nice Group of "JEE"'s and gee did they make a mess this puppy almost lit on fire

second 2 pics are from the PS board of a cyberhome 1600mu dvd recorder...known to die within a year of use...mine is 3yrs old...not used much
                                will be Re-capping very soon
                                Attached Files

Comment

Few years ago I founded an old computer dumped, where only working capacitor was russian K50-6 25V 2200uF. All others was somekind chinese capacitors . I changed them all be4 i realized to take a pic.

Comment

samxon gl from 2005 planar lcd's
                                    these are 1.5-5 ohms esr with no bulging.
                                    the 470@10 is totally open as is one of the 1000@10
                                    some of these lcd's were only in use 6 months before they started dieing.
                                    these caps came from 1 unit but every one of these i get in are the same pattern failure.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

How about this one from a power supply from a cheap dvd recorder.
                                      I am unsure if it is electrolyte leakage you can see but the top is bulging and the side is a bit rippled aswell.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gblades
                                        How about this one from a power supply from a cheap dvd recorder.
                                        I am unsure if it is electrolyte leakage you can see but the top is bulging and the side is a bit rippled aswell.
                                        That cap is definately producing hydrogen gas eventually left unchecked it would build up enough pressure to burst the can and leak.

Or before that the bung could blow out and leak that way.

Gold print on a black background I'm guessing G-Luxons am I right?
                                        Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

I dont recognise the make. Its difficult taking a photo at the angle but here is a photo of another capacitor which has an identical logo on it.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X