• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Hall of Shame - Badcaps Photo Montage

2007 ost from dell 270 psu
    Attached Files

Comment

The video on my wife's VAIO PCV-W20 goes black about 30 seconds after it comes on. I think it might have something to do with these.

http://img186.*************/img186/1997/dsc05278nr5.jpg
      http://img509.*************/img509/9468/dsc05280dd1.jpg

Comment

I'd say it's a sure bet.
        It helps more people if you state the make and series of the caps.
        [Google can't see what's in the pictures when it searches.]
        The date code (if there is one) would be nice too if those are HN or HM.
        Mann-Made Global Warming.
        - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpicus
          The video on my wife's VAIO PCV-W20 goes black about 30 seconds after it comes on. I think it might have something to do with these.

http://img186.*************/img186/1997/dsc05278nr5.jpg
          http://img509.*************/img509/9468/dsc05280dd1.jpg
          yes those are the problem.
          time to recap the board.
          btw as stated above brand,series,datecode if possible is helpful.
          and this forum accepts attachment of pics so they stay here as long as this forum exists.

Comment

As above ...recap.... or if you like sent out to be recapped

Dont know with your computer but as a general statement
            sometimes the psu can be in the same or similar state too.
            and cause similar problems (as well).
            (just be aware of that point, thats all)

Regardless that MB "defiantly needs recapping" to start with

Yeah like KC8 said you can post photos here, in fact its more preferred as it keeps the post together.

So on that note
            here is Willawakes fine post on how to do it

Inserting Images in your post

you can either leave them sitting at the bottom
            (I think it possibly better that way then people can click to look)
            or use the "IMG" tags to inline it at size in text
            (this way means it load up full so if you upload a big photo file it takes time)

Cheers and welcome to the forums
            You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you may be swept off to." Bilbo Baggins ...

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu
              brand,series,datecode if possible is helpful.
              I'm such a complete noob, I have no idea what these mean, really. Here's what's printed on the shrinkwrap: nichicon; 6.3v 3300mF; HM(M); 105.C; H0245

This thing is basically a laptop (in a desktop all-in-one format) so I don't think I'm going to be trying to disassemble it enough to recap considering the aforementioned noob-ness.

By popular request, I'm including the pics as attachments to this post. I had to crop them down to meet the size requirements of the forum but they should have all the relevant detail.
              Attached Files

Comment

HM(M) - HM Series (Are Nichicon Brand)
                H0245 -> year 2002, week 45
                Good chance those are bad.
                There was a manufacturing foul up with some of 2002, 2003, 2004 production for Nichicon HM and HN Series'.
                Mann-Made Global Warming.
                - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                -
                You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                -

Comment

Lelon crap on AOpen AK77 Pro (Socket A)

as the board does still POST its worth a recap after cleaning it up..
                  after the recap its going to be used as an Office/Internet PC with an Athlon Thunderbird 1GHz.

a friend asked me if i have something around 1GHz for his mum (her Pentium 3 died because of a water pipe damage.. they had to leave the house and her PIII was still running when the water got too high sad...)

Comment

I was told these are sachon FZ series. The board is a Mach Speed Viper 939GT4-STD-G. Jetway makes the same model board (Machspeed is owned by Jetway).

Comment

Jetway still like to use Sacon nowadays.
                      I saw some other brands MB OEM from Jetway also come with
                      many Sacon 6V3 1000μF near different slots.

Besides, I saw many Asrock MBs come with OST 6V3 1000μF in those positions.
                      I just prefer OST to Sacon though JP caps are my favorites.

Comment

I figure this is the best place as any to make my first post. Plus, include a couple of pictures of why I am here. The attached are shots from my Asus A7N8X v1.04. Yep, I have one of those. It started giving me trouble just a few days ago.
                        Attached Files
                        Joe
                        "I'm gonna need a hacksaw" - Jack Bauer

Comment

hehe... nichicon HM again

Comment

Originally posted by Scenic
                            hehe... nichicon HM again

Go ahead ... laugh it up at my expense. It couldn't come at a worse time. I'm getting ready to replace another system and was planning to put all my money into that build. Now it's just a matter of comparing the cost of replacement with a re-cap. I should hear from TopCat soon.

Time could be an issue. I use the bad board for a sideline business too.

Damn computers ... can't beat them with a baseball bat, can't live without'em!
                            Joe

Comment

sry... -.-'

BTW.. my A7N8X came with Rubycon MBZs everywhere.. and with only 1 fan connector above the AGP slot!?

Comment

sry... -.-'

BTW.. my A7N8X came with Rubycon MBZs everywhere.. and with only 1 fan connector above the AGP slot!?
                                those ost will be your next problem.
                                i often see them open without bulging.

Comment

Originally posted by LoTechJoe

Go ahead ... laugh it up at my expense. It couldn't come at a worse time. I'm getting ready to replace another system and was planning to put all my money into that build. Now it's just a matter of comparing the cost of replacement with a re-cap. I should hear from TopCat soon.

Time could be an issue. I use the bad board for a sideline business too.

Damn computers ... can't beat them with a baseball bat, can't live without'em!
                                  just weld em back shut with that eyeball laser.they will be just fine!
                                  i would just recap it.beats playing the crapcaps lottery on a replacement.

Comment

those ost will be your next problem.
                                    i often see them open without bulging.
                                    i dont really care.. its just my socket A test board

i just wondered.. did asus replace the Nichicon HMs with Rubycon MBZ in Rev. 2.0 ?
                                    just found out that my board is a Rev. 2.0 one..

BTW: the print on the board itself (between the PCI slots)
                                    says "A7N8X Rev. 2.0" but the BIOS says "A7N8X-X" !? WTF?

Comment

sry... -.-'
                                      No problem ... I knew what you meant. Of course, I discovered the issue when I was doing a vaccuum and blow out of the board. Now I have a nice clean ... dead board. HA!! I think I may start a thread on the results of my project over in the mobo section.
                                      i would just recap it.beats playing the crapcaps lottery on a replacement.
                                      That's what I may do. Is that a HAM call? It's gotta be ... I see you are from OH. 73s from ke5clj.
                                      Last edited by LoTechJoe; 04-20-2008, 03:57 PM.
                                      Joe

Comment

GLoria GAE 1500uf 6.3v and one of two Nichicon HM(M) 2200uf 6.3v (H0143) from SMC EZ-Switch 1016DT. The Nichicons were on the power board. Replaced with Rubycon ZL (for the Gloria) and MBZ (for the Nichi) since they were the matching values on hand.

One of three Sanyo 1500uf 6.3v WX (S.E.13) from a Socket A motherboard. I can't remember which one. Did not repair it, just pulled the Rubycons and pitched it.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

noname?
                                          look like hermei
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X