• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP6735s "invalid serial number", bios needed

Originally posted by dj_ricoh View Post
    try this
    type in folder NbDmiFit

and good luck
    Have a hp probook 6560b and I tryed the nbdmifit and it didn't work, I execute everything in the file while in dos. Suggestion ?

Comment

Originally posted by scudd12 View Post
      Have a hp probook 6560b and I tryed the nbdmifit and it didn't work, I execute everything in the file while in dos. Suggestion ?
      cek this read carefully and try, better using usb dosboot...
      hxxp://files.elektroda.net/514680,hp+dmi+toolkit.html

Comment

Guys,

I got this message. Any suggestions?

I believe I am close to be able to finaly tattoo again the serial number and the product model.
        Attached Files

Comment

People. Please, enlighten me. =(

Comment

Why you guys change bios serial number ...........can any one please tell me details.................

Comment

Here is the nbdmifit -2.10 should fix most
              Product Information Not Valid
              If posted b4 please remove
              Attached Files

Comment

Very thanks for the nbdmifit-tool!
                best regards

Comment

thanks

Comment

How do I unlock MDM mode? FYI my UUID is already FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Comment

Originally posted by ala_borbe View Post
                      underneath that sticker is a motherboard code which is i guess 6050A2235601-MB-A03

all dumps i found are 2 mb.... schematics also says 2mb SST_25VF016B...

why not take eeprom from other non working board and put it in... its worth a try.... any 2mb spi eeprom should work

did you see traces of soldering when opened? maybe someone did some work before you... :/
                      hallo there i recently replaced a clients motherboard for folio 9470m, it says non committed state but bios chip is 128kb/1mb st chip but cant find right bin file for this ...see attached mobo no. and screenshot am using ch341a lack mini programmer
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thank You All. I just entered the correct information on the S/N etc in the bios thanks to the DMI utilty. Worked perfect

Comment

Originally posted by cyberhack View Post
                          Here is the nbdmifit -2.10 should fix most
                          Product Information Not Valid
                          If posted b4 please remove
                          This worked for me after a LOT or searching online. Wanted to document for others. Pre-req: get all your machine info beforehand (S/N, Product # and CT #).

HP Elitebook 8460p, fine for many years but after a power outage it went into "Manufacturing Mode". Got past that but was having the "System Board (00A)" not found errors after that and then Windows wasn't activated anymore. This worked for me:

1- nbdmifit -2.10 above, built out a bootable flash drive with this, using Rufus / Freedos.

2- Renamed \wndmifit\FSMC.bin to SMB.bin and copied to root of flash drive.

3- Shut down. Hold windows key, Up-Arrow key, and the Down-Arrow key then the power button. This put my machine back into Manufacturing Mode (required for next steps)

4- Disable UEFI in BIOS (if used), boot directly to USB flash drive with Freedos, run the Run NBDMIFIT.BAT and followed the prompts - this didn't work earlier until I used STEP 3. When done rebooted and no more Manufacturing Mode anymore. Restore UEFI in BIOS if needed.

5- If seeing a "Restore Mode On" message during boot, I was able to fix that by re-running the HP BIOS update program on my device and then rebooting.

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
                            Solved.
                            i bad check bios id. it was 2MB, but it was corrupted. Cannot program it to end. So i took the same from HP 625 and program it. now i can see boot devices and can boot to DMI and change the sn.

I attach DMI with usb format tool.
                            what are the command lines for this tool

Comment

Thank you guys so much, just repaired my old HP Probook 6360b. I had to use the new NbDmiFit-2.09, it is a little bit different than the previous version. Was able to re-program the S/N, CT, Product # now the computer no longer gives me the "invalid System Board (00A) - Product Configuration". Learned something new and was able to repair my laptop, again thank you guys.

Comment

try this
                                type in folder NbDmiFit

and good luck
                                Thank You for this solution works!!!

Comment

You save my life, your DMI tools Work Great on my CQ41 Compaq Laptop. Thank You

Comment

Hi will this work on an acer predator laptop?

Comment

Originally posted by creamyc12 View Post
                                      Hi will this work on an acer predator laptop?
                                      No
                                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

try this
                                        type in folder NbDmiFit

and good luck
                                        thankss!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thesleepwalker View Post
                                          thanks for the tool bro
                                          hey bro did it work with your hp 9470m? Please help me with the process

Comment

Working...
                                          X