RCUnlocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RCUnlocker

ok, can test it on thursday. 2 days off :-)

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
      User error. Follow the instructions. You need 16MB chip modified, not 32MB.
      you mean patching the ec 16mb bios is enough for removing the password

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Yes.
          I m living at the world of locked bios laptops
          and want to check 9470m for now

Comment

Hi RethoricalCheese,

Per your request, I am again attaching the BIOS for the 1040 G1 after multiple unsuccessful unsoldering and reprogramming using the HP Unlocker and RCUnlocker, as well using a BIOS downloaded from HP and modified lower portion of the bin file. Please let me know if you need additional information. Really appreciated for your help
            Attached Files

Comment

Well, looks like programming issue. When you write, does verify pass aswell?

Comment

RhetoricalCheese,

That's interesting and theres a possibility I have a faulty programmer. The post write verify always passed without any issues, I've even done a read after write, and the comparison were identical as well. I will continue to seek for a solution and may need a new software program. Thank you again for all your help.

Comment

Yes, my bad. Used the wrong version of my tool

This is the one I meant to give you.
                  Hi , i tried the TEST_2 file but result is the same. I can press F10 and get message 'entering setup menu'. After 10 minutes i press F1 and i get 'enterin system information' so laptops seems alive but stays in the last-message-screen.

Comment

Wow very good tool thank you for this.

So this will also unlock HP G6 and G7 models?
                    and for this models i need to read the EC chip?

Comment

Originally posted by ibo View Post
                      Wow very good tool thank you for this.

So this will also unlock HP G6 and G7 models?
                      and for this models i need to read the EC chip?
                      yes i sorted yesterday g6 all is working

Comment

Originally posted by maxitaxi View Post
                        Hi , i tried the TEST_2 file but result is the same. I can press F10 and get message 'entering setup menu'. After 10 minutes i press F1 and i get 'enterin system information' so laptops seems alive but stays in the last-message-screen.
                        i could send the laptop to you by DHL if that would help research ??

Comment

i have Patch 840 g6 32Mb patch file no need to patch 16Mb.
                          also Locked
                          both 32MB included to compare.

EDIT!!
                          Nevermind i was given bad INFO due to language

next post is working patch

Last edited by LatinMcG; 09-11-2021, 11:26 AM.

Comment

here is a better example 830 G6.. seems its just changing the 3F to 3C on some areas to make it invalid.
                            then flash original back after the 16mb is forced to unlock without desoldering.
                            Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-01-2023, 01:20 PM. Reason: external link removed

Comment

ok so this does work for 840 G6 32MB only... if you CleanME !
                              flash this then flash original after bios defaults and Security reset.

but 1 strange thing. notice $FPT goes was south to address 675000 strange..
                              so patch seems to be insert in the ME and descriptor is changed.
                              Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-01-2023, 01:21 PM. Reason: external link removed

Comment

It has been known for a while but I did not go for this path because it requires 2 soldering and 2 turning on.

Only advantage is that it's not needed to remove motherboard.

Comment

Great job thank you so much

Comment

It has been known for a while but I did not go for this path because it requires 2 soldering and 2 turning on.

Only advantage is that it's not needed to remove motherboard.
                                    yes it does save time for clip users w good read write capability..
                                    one thing it cold use is cleanME first then drop on patcher to make it universal.

maybe you could add a filename switch for hp like xxxx-HP32MB.bin ?
                                    would save some people time for multiple systems at same time
                                    Last edited by LatinMcG; 09-11-2021, 02:28 PM. Reason: ideas

Comment

I'm going to enable 32MB in the future anyway. Might aswell try that. But not a priority for now.

What clip do you use for wson chips anyway?

Comment

I'm going to enable 32MB in the future anyway. Might aswell try that. But not a priority for now.

What clip do you use for wson chips anyway?

wson chips . .add solder on sides of pad w wire.

friend uses silicon that came w SVOD3
                                        i desolder w metal shield and low temp
                                        Last edited by LatinMcG; 09-11-2021, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Hi RethoricalCheese;

hp 840 G5 need only 32MB chip modified, or 16MB?

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                          X