Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Westinghouse LD-4695 T-Con Mainboard Mismatch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Westinghouse LD-4695 T-Con Mainboard Mismatch?

I got this TV through an online local ad, they didnt have much info to give me at the time. When I took it apart I noticed the screws on the TCon board were lose and sure enough, theres writing on the backside which leads me to believe it was replaced. I went ahead and ordered one off Ebay anyway because the solarization led me to believe it was the TCon. Got it, installed it, same issue. At this point I'm really pointing toward a TCon mainboard mismatch. I have no idea if the TCon that was in the TV when I got it was the original but the one I got off Ebay was exactly the same as it. Maybe the original was replaced with what was in there and is a mismatch so thats why it still looks like it does...? I know finding a service menu code for these is like figuring out who was on the grassy knoll so I really dont know if this will be fixable or not. What do you guys think? Is it a TCon mainboard mismatch?
    Attached Files

Re: Westinghouse LD-4695 T-Con Mainboard Mismatch?

Oh BTW heres a few pics of the old TCon and a pic of the bag the replacement came in FYI. They are identical. If I'm completely wrong about this please let me know. Thank you!
    Attached Files

Comment

Tcon looks to be the right one.

Comment

Makes me wonder if maybe someone may have put the wrong mainboard in there.

Comment

What are the numbers on the white sticker on your mainboard, and what is your panel sticker number which will be on the metal chassis panel?

Comment

Did you try a reset and a firmware update?

Comment

Check the number on the panel, it should be HV460WU2-200, which would suggest the t-con is correct.

Comment

I'd say you guys nailed it.
                I contacted the woman I got the TV from and this was her response. "he(her husband) said that we replaced the main board. the person that we contacted to purchase the new main board we sent a picture to, along with the numbers and they sent us one that had all the same numbers but the last three letters were different, when we asked about it he told us that it was the same thing. And that's when we got frustrated and just stopped trying".
                She says she has a picture of the old mainboard she will send me when she can find it. So yeah, my guess is they sent her the wrong mainboard. I'll have to take the set back apart to get the numbers off it. Im not sure what kind of reset, or how to do it and I looked high and low for a firmware update only to come up empty. So far I've seen 2 mainboards for this, I know mine has the WD-40-A10 1.00.01 firmware(?) and the other has WD-45-b0E, as well as 2 TCon boards, one apparently without the T at the end of the part number, with more hardware on it. Unless the LED display wont allow it, what do you spose things might get better if I roll the dice on the other TCon? I'll add more pictures in a bit. Thank you for your help and time!

Comment

Give me those numbers I requested in post #5 and we'll see what's up.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                    What are the numbers on the white sticker on your mainboard, and what is your panel sticker number which will be on the metal chassis panel?
                    I apologize for the late reply. I've been dealing with a serious issue. Here are the pictures of the things you requested, as well as the sticker on the back of the TV case. The LCD Panel had 2 stickers on it. Thanks for any help, it is very, very much appreciated.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by pdog_phatpat; 09-09-2019, 08:14 PM. Reason: Fix Pics

Comment

Try this to see if you can get in service menu, you want to be very careful in there, take notes of settings if you decide to change any so maybe you can put it back, you might need to make a lvds map, panel adjustment of some type:
                      With the set OFF, Press and Hold the VOL - + Input buttons on the right side of the set. Holding these buttons, press the POWER button.
                      If done correctly, the Westinghouse Logo on the front of the set will begin to blink.
                      From the Remote Control, press the RETURN key.
                      You have now entered Service Mode.
                      To Leave Service Mode, bring up the Standard OSD Menu. Under GENERAL SETTING select FACTORY RESET. This will reset your settings in the OSD, but keep any changes you made to the Service Menu.
                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 09-10-2019, 09:59 AM.

Comment

I'll try to find a video to make it a little clearer, would be easier if they didn't change up how things are done so often.
                        Last edited by nomoresonys; 09-10-2019, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Example here, working with an RCA tv, this might work for yours, might even be the same way you access service menu, not sure, this might not be your problem it's just one possibility: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6Im2UN872s
                          Last edited by nomoresonys; 09-10-2019, 10:21 AM.

Comment

So, after holding the - + buttons on the side, I would hit power on the side button, not the remote right? I havent gotten that to work yet, I can keep trying. But heres some FYI on this set, it doesnt have physical side buttons, they are touch buttons. Also, the side buttons and remote are a little wonky with the TV, and it might be because the mainboard is the wrong one. Everything on the side touchboard works, but volume buttons are reversed.
                            Last edited by pdog_phatpat; 09-10-2019, 05:56 PM. Reason: info edit

Comment

This maybe: With the set OFF, Press and Hold the VOL - + Input buttons on the right side of the set. Holding these buttons, press the POWER button or try, press menu on remote then 0000 see if that works.

Comment

2 more to try, holding down the Vol - and Vol + while pressing power on or Holding vol - and info while pressing remote power.

Comment

It's total bullshit that they hide how to get into service menu, what they need to do is put in full instructions and have it readily available of how EVERYTHING in service menu works and what to be careful not to mess with and have a simple reset in case you do adjust something wrong.

Comment

Too bad you can't find firmware, would like to see if it would work.

Comment

If your Westinghouse TV is failing to respond to your remote control or you have forgotten the TV's password, you can reset the unit back to the factory defaults using the “Reset All” function. Resetting the television may also help if your unit has audio or video settings that are not working and you don't know how to change them back through the menus.

Press the "Menu" button on the remote control or the TV’s control panel.

Scroll left or right until "Settings" is highlighted, then press "ENTER" on the remote or "INPUT" on the TV.

Select "Reset All" and press "ENTER" or "INPUT."

Confirm the reset if prompted.
                                      Tips

Some Westinghouse TVs use “Factory Reset" instead of "Reset All"

Comment

Does not work. Also, as I talked about the remote being weird, whenever i press any number buttons the TV immediately pops up the "Lets Get Connected" menu as if its being set up for input.

Comment

Working...
                                        X