Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gears Nightawk AC1900, model#C7100V gateway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gears Nightawk AC1900, model#C7100V gateway?

Hi guys;i have Netgears Nightawk AC1900, model#C7100V, lately i can't get in Gateway as i normally do by signing in with Admin and a password ,but it takes me to a security where i have to put Serial# and 2 phrases that i have in my notes and always use ,but this time it tells me; information you entered does not match what is saved on the router. Please enter it again,.
    Already rebooted and same,do i have to Factory default it?,that would be to much hassle and for now i', not need to get to gate way, i normally use the gateway to reset router but i can do it by unplugging power,any suggestions,thanks great folks .

Re: Gears Nightawk AC1900, model#C7100V gateway?

Yes factory reset, update to the latest firmware, reconfigure and save the configuration file this time.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
      Yes factory reset, update to the latest firmware, reconfigure and save the configuration file this time.
      Thanks mate,doesn't Net-gear supposed to auto update their routers ? i'm so afraid to do a factory reset and encounter same issues i had before when i first acquired this router as you may remember in this thread ;https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...hlight=netgear, maybe it was me not doing things right on the setup of Comcast Xfinity?
      Last edited by ivtec; 10-11-2019, 08:53 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=ivtec;919507]Thanks mate,doesn't Net-gear supposed to auto update their routers ?
        Last edited by ivtec; 10-11-2019, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Couldn't tell you if it auto updates, but they provide the latest firmware on their webpage.

Comment

Couldn't tell you if it auto updates, but they provide the latest firmware on their webpage.
            Thanks mate ,i was able to get in after re-setting router on the back with a clip
            and did new password log and security phrases ,but i know why cause this log in issue, i completely forgot that the PC i was trying to log in in the gateway was connected to another router that i have for extend more connections and use for wireless old Linux PC that do not work with this new Net-gear router, i did use another PC that i have connected strait to the router and then i got in, abut the updates normally the older routes have a bottom that say upgrade,this one only has the software version and nothing to upgrade; thanks

Comment

What version is it on ? Most of the Netgear routers had patches released last year due to a couple of serious vulnerabilities.

Comment

What version is it on ? Most of the Netgear routers had patches released last year due to a couple of serious vulnerabilities.
                Thanks mate; F
                Firmware Version
                V2.01.40

I think this is the latest firmware; https://kb.netgear.com/000036375/Wha...r-modem-router

there is no support at all ,all expired.

Product Warranty Information
                Product: C7100V
                Serial Number: xxxxxxxx
                Country of Purchase: United States
                Purchased on: 2017-09-10
                Upload proof of purchase

Max file size 5MB, allowed file types - PDF, PNG, JPG, BMP

Standard Product Warranty* :
                Hardware Warranty: Expired
                Phone Support: Expired
                Email Support: Expired
                Chat Support: Expired
                Power Supply Warranty: Expired
                Accessories Warranty: Expired

Advanced Support / Hardware Contracts:*

* Entitlements are subject to NETGEAR Warranty T&C .
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ivtec; 10-12-2019, 12:20 PM.

Comment

P.pp.lpll
                  Last edited by captainKKK; 10-19-2019, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X