Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RCUnlocker

Hello RethoricalCheese,

Amazing tool, I find the information display very usefull.
    I use it when i have a bios that is corrupt but still has the info about the system.
    This way I can read the info and use it to reprogram the laptop with a clean bios dump using wndmifit.

Would it be possible to add a feature so it can write the info ( Model, Serial, Feature byte, COA, ...) to a text file? Or even better, to write that information to a clean bios dump?

Kind regards and nice work

Comment

RC unlocker need update not working with G6 on Hp

Comment

Originally posted by DonZott View Post
        Hello RethoricalCheese,

Amazing tool, I find the information display very usefull.
        I use it when i have a bios that is corrupt but still has the info about the system.
        This way I can read the info and use it to reprogram the laptop with a clean bios dump using wndmifit.

Would it be possible to add a feature so it can write the info ( Model, Serial, Feature byte, COA, ...) to a text file? Or even better, to write that information to a clean bios dump?

Kind regards and nice work
        It's easier to do it with uefitool.

And about G6. What's the issue exactly? My hundreds of G6 unlock nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post

@RethoricalCheese
          Perhaps this is the request, although the MPM data is not required, depending on the model.
          Attached Files

Comment

Well yes, but there's no point in using it like that. You can just use uefitool to extract that region and then use uefitool again to replace it on a new bios.
            Last edited by RethoricalCheese; 03-28-2022, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Well yes, but there's no point in using it like that. You can just use uefitool to extract that region and then use uefitool again to replace it on a new bios.
              @RethoricalCheese
              Among some new generation models, after unlocking it is necessary to edit the MPM directly through the BIOS setup. This is the reason for the presentation of MPM in my patch.
              e.g HP 830 G8 EliteBook

Comment

can you share this tool..?

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the response, i'm fairly new to Uefitool and editing bios files. Do you have any tips where I can find information/tutorial on how to find/extract that specific region and import it into a clean bios?

I was thinking of something that's more automated. If it is even possible.

I don't have any issues with G6.

Originally posted by onizzbox View Post
                  @RethoricalCheese
                  Perhaps this is the request, although the MPM data is not required, depending on the model.
                  That's indeed what I'm looking for. Is this something you made yourself?
                  It would be nice if there was a way to just export this into a clean bios file.

Kind regards

Comment

Onizzbox, read again, it was not about unlocking.

DonZott, just check out uefitool. It's way easier than manually entering anything. Open your file and search for your SN, then you will see which section it is in. Super simple.

Comment

Doesn't work on 32MB BIOS, HP Elitebook 830 G7
                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-01-2023, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anhbanxoi View Post
                        Doesn't work on 32MB BIOS, HP Elitebook 830 G7
                        Post the dump of the second bios chip.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                        Become a Badcaps supporter
                        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                        Thanks to all supporters.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                          Post the dump of the second bios chip.
                          I see only one BIOS chip
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by anhbanxoi View Post
                            I see only one BIOS chip
                            @anhbanxoi
                            Haven't unlocked your laptop yet?

Comment

Originally posted by onizzbox View Post
                              @anhbanxoi
                              Haven't unlocked your laptop yet?
                              No I've done that laptop with your provided data & BIOS 32MB. Just wonder where is the 16MB chip and I found that one. There is 16MB IC near Nuvoton chip. So there are many ways to unlock this HP.

1. Via 32MB BIOS Chip and type all parameter
                              2. Via 16MB BIOS Chip
                              3. EC program via KB connector

Am I correct?

Comment

Hello Everyone. I have a 830G6 laptop with BIOS password locked.

I have tried the following:
                                1) Desoldered the 16MB Winbond flash (25Q128) on the underside of the motherboard
                                2) Extracted the BIOS content from that chip and put it into RCUnlocker
                                3) Erase and wrote in the output from RCUnlocker into that chip
                                4) Soldered that chip back onto the motherboard

Here's where things become weird. Once I've reassembled the laptop and connected the battery (I haven't even attempted to turn on the laptop), the LED beside the charging port starts flickering (white/orange) and the "Caps Lock" button is lit. When I tried to turn on the laptop, nothing happens.

5) I have also tried repeating steps 1-4 on the 32MB Winbond flash (25Q256), but to no avail.

I have uploaded the files in the attached.

Any suggestions?
                                Thanks.

Regards,
                                Melvin.
                                Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-01-2023, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DukeCrimson View Post
                                  Hello Everyone. I have a 830G6 laptop with BIOS password locked.

I have tried the following:
                                  1) Desoldered the 16MB Winbond flash (25Q128) on the underside of the motherboard
                                  2) Extracted the BIOS content from that chip and put it into RCUnlocker
                                  3) Erase and wrote in the output from RCUnlocker into that chip
                                  4) Soldered that chip back onto the motherboard

Here's where things become weird. Once I've reassembled the laptop and connected the battery (I haven't even attempted to turn on the laptop), the LED beside the charging port starts flickering (white/orange) and the "Caps Lock" button is lit. When I tried to turn on the laptop, nothing happens.

5) I have also tried repeating steps 1-4 on the 32MB Winbond flash (25Q256), but to no avail.

I have uploaded the files in the attached.

Any suggestions?
                                  Thanks.

Regards,
                                  Melvin.
                                  write the bios chips with the original content and see if it starts ..
                                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                                    write the bios chips with the original content and see if it starts ..
                                    I've tried to write back the original contents into the BIOS chips, but the laptop still doesn't want to turn on =(

Any other suggestions?

Comment

Use raspberry pi and flashrom, find the sweetspot for read/write speed. Using a 3v3 LDO which gets power from USB might be needed for G3 to make it more reliable. Haven't tested this onboard on G3 yet.

Make reading as fast as possible by specifying as narrow area as possible (for G3 it's the VSS region for example). Database needed for every model you might need unlocking.

Make a python or bash script to make it all automatic (read, verify, patch, write, verify)

In that case, all of it takes seconds. Maybe 10 or less, I haven't really measured time.

Sorry that I am unable to share this part of the unlocker because I wrote it @ work Just to give you an idea, maybe somebody takes the time to make it happen.

Oh and this is the whole reason I use raspberry. It's darn fast and reliable and makes automation possible. Awful for beginners tho.

Can you please explain Raspberry Pi to SOIC Clips Wiring Diagrams?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by saidbe View Post
                                        Can you please explain Raspberry Pi to SOIC Clips Wiring Diagrams?

Thanks
                                        See here
                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L35AD0LS70g

All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                        Become a Badcaps supporter
                                        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                        Thanks to all supporters.
                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X