Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic Toughbook CF-C2 please remove bios password!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic Toughbook CF-C2 please remove bios password!

@Andreasbest
    The default supervisor password may be found in other forum (have sent you a pm), the point is that most likely this laptop may be one like the ones used with diagnostic tools in service centers (VAGCOM VAS ODIS), on which it seems they set a default supervisor password on these. I was also checking other 2 Getac bioses, one from a B300G4 and a V110, at least one of these laptops has BOSCH on the bottom and both of these laptops have also a hard coded supervisor password in them, every time we try to reset them the supervisor password remains set after reboot.

What programmer are you using? The ACPI BIOS ERROR you get while trying to load an OS may be due to some of the bios modules being probably damaged (according to UEFITOOL which report invalid data checksums).

Comment

@aaac thank you for the passwords i'll try them.
      Although i highly doubt the unit is from diagnostic center.
      -> https://customrugged.com/m-bios-panasonic-toughbook/

Comment

Try this one .
        Attached Files
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

@AAAC As i suspected none of the passwords worked, was a Federal Government machine.
          @smdflea the bios.zip is not working, asking for password right away.

Comment

Originally posted by Andreasbest View Post
            @AAAC As i suspected none of the passwords worked, was a Federal Government machine.
            Sorry,modded some other things but forgot to remove the AMITSE pass .
            Attached Files
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Ladies and Gentleman we have a winner!
              The bios2 works like a charm, supervisor password is clear, uefi works, usb boot devices unlocked and finally "restore defaults" doesn't restore any supervisor password!
              Now tell me, WHERE THE HELL WAS HIDDEN???

cc @Maxpower3 @AAAC

Thank you very much mate!

p.s: i keep testing as there is no bios update for these machines to correct everything.
              Last edited by Andreasbest; 02-08-2021, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Hi guys

i have one one stupid question.
                how to run bios2.bin file to update locked bios on Panasonic toughbook CF C2.

Comment

Write the last bios2.zip from smdflea, this is complete PW free, at least to my c2.

Comment

Write the last bios2.zip from smdflea, this is complete PW free, at least to my c2.
                    how do we write the bin file to the motherboard ??? the sytem is locked.

Comment

You need CH341A programmer

Comment

You need CH341A programmer
                        thank you so much for your reply. could you please help me with the wiring diagram of that programer and where do i connect it in my CF-C2 ?

Comment

There is option to buy it with 8pin flex clamp that fits 100% in the bios chip, in my case though this was impossible (never figure out the reason) and the programmer didn't recognize the chip so i have to desolder it everytime and solder it on a small pcb that comes with the programmer to read it and write it.
                          But now since the bios is ready you will have to do it only once

Comment

there is this guy who claims to unlock the bios password.... m not sure if he is genuine.
                            do you feel this is possible or is it a scam ???

remove spaces and make the dot to .
                            Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-04-2022, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Unlocking password is possible, problem on C2 M series is that after "set bios default values" the password returns.
                              This is why SMDflea build this specific bios.

Comment

Originally posted by saurabhhsrivastavaa View Post
                                there is this guy who claims to unlock the bios password.... m not sure if he is genuine.
                                do you feel this is possible or is it a scam ???

***************************************************

remove spaces and make the dot to .
                                Links to paid unlock services are against the site rules.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

Comment

@Andreasbest
                                  I got the programmer and the 8 pin flex clamp cable. I will try and update the chip with bios2 file from SMDflea.
                                  So the bios chip is the one that reads 402R6? Correct?
                                  My machine is asking for a password when I switch it on... It doesn't even let me enter the bios... Do you think its a supervisor password or a user?
                                  Would flashing it with bios2 resolve it?

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                    Links to paid unlock services are against the site rules.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570
                                    Apologies... Just wanted to know if such claims are legit.

Comment

OK.. So I tried and tried but couldn't read the chip

I had to desolder the chip, but my chip has something else written on it. I tried both the chips, it reads but I think it is not correct as I get FF and somewhere 0 also... While writing it gave error on both the chips buffer is greater than the chip...
                                      Attached Files

Comment

panasonic CF-C2 unknown bios password.

Hello all,

i recently acquired a cf-c2 with a password protected bios, previous owner has no idea what it is. The laptop is possibly ex police stock...uk.

so far i have dumped the bios using aptio afu tool....and then tried to decrypt the bios password stored in amitsesetup.

i cant seem to get any values to return that correspond to ascii scan codes.

this is the hexbody found using UEFITool NE....

Code:
                                        5B4CB63411A36CE4C73122657D41D84E
                                        33058E13E936444C9FECFAE15551B057
                                        0BD0660EC12E1C527716D2A92D3D88D0
                                        E3633EF7998AF41D4FB1AA4405D8606B
                                        considering i stumbled upon another thread here about editing the bios and flashing it over a clip.....i am starting to wonder is this because the password is SHA 256 encrypted.

any advice from someone with some knowledge in this area?

thanks for reading.

passworded bios attached
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Try
                                          Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                          Become a Badcaps supporter
                                          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                          Thanks to all supporters.
                                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Working...
                                          X