Samsung LN46C530F1FXZA ⚡ DAMAGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LN46C530F1FXZA ⚡ DAMAGE

Hi everyone I have a tv that was struken by god himself cause it blew this tv up. There is extensive burn marks by the antenna coax. I think it needs a new motherboard as the issue is that you plug it in red light comes on you press power and it turns the backlight in but no image shows up. Just a faintly lit screen that's black. Can you guys help me out here? Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung LN46C530F1FXZA ⚡ DAMAGE

Well I think the owner, or the previous owner eats cigarretes all day, what else can explain these dark stains on every ventilation hole and the kind of dust that the power supply is covered in other than smoke?

If there's sound and the tv responds to the remote it may not be the mainboard,, test that out and report please.A
    Are the voltages on the CN802 connector matching the spec? B5V and the others.
    Last edited by Biruslapio; 12-25-2021, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Yes I know I just pick up this junk and have to fix em ya know. I tested all the standby voltages all good. If I unplug the mainboard and plug in, the backlight kicks on right away. So I think the mainboard is fried so I will replace it with a new one and report back with results. Don't smoke kids. This was a very dirty tv yes.

Comment

Also I noticed the red light on the mainboard itself for the optical audio out when I plug it in 30secs later it will flash the light and kick off.

Comment

Yes all the voltages match the legend sir.

Comment

Then, it must be the main, if there's absolutely no picture on the screen, even if there's some faint lines might be the t-con or the display boards, if you can afford to replace the main right away, there's no harm, the main board is the biggest point of failure in this model.
            Last edited by Biruslapio; 12-25-2021, 06:55 AM.

Comment

That's exactly what I will do sir. I'm a certified professional board swapper lol. Thanks for all your helpful input guys. I'm gonna get a new main. I think its obvious that some a voltage spike took this fucker out hard. While I think this tv is nasty smoker infested you can see the burn marks on the metal holy crap imagine the powah.

Comment

I do not think it was a voltage spike, usually when that happens it strikes the main chip with the heatsink, and the capacitors that are parallel to it measure shorted, the TV wouldn't even turn on the backlights, this chip should have around 10 OHMs or more of resistance.

This is a failure due to the bad condition of the smoke residue + oxidation, or BGA. If this board is expensive probing the one you have is useful, and test if 12V is reaching the T-CON fuse on both sides.

Comment

Thanks for mentioning tcon board look what I FOUND!!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Do I need this then?

Comment

It does not mention what components are included in the repair kit, there's a schematic for this board, Q101 is burnt, due to a shorted capacitor on T-CON, it is also directly linked to the panel, may be some capacitor on the panel boards or the panel itself.

https://www.electronica-pt.com/esque...a-t-con-37136/

Q101 is SOT23GSD for AVDD voltage.
                      Last edited by Biruslapio; 12-25-2021, 01:38 PM.

Comment

I had a burnt component on a tcon once. Replaced it to only find there was a liquid spill on the panel damaging the panel boards. I would inspect those.

Comment

Yes this one definitely had liquid damaged. I think this one is not "worth fixing". It had some pop spilled all over the screen dripped on the driver ribbon.

Comment

Why is it that every liquid damaged tv is always beyond repair damn the design of tcon board is awful. How many poor tvs have had there ribbon cabble delidded from the damn screen?

Comment

no thunderstrike here, the tv suicided by the smell of smoke, RIP poor tv..

Comment

Rip this tv. It lived it's best life. It came to an end from all the nicotine soaked boards with the hairy boards. Then some jerk spilled pop. It spilled down to the ribbon tcon flex. It caused a short and blew up the tcon and the whole tv it seems. The only part that will be salvageable is the psu and backlight inverter.

Comment

also main board...

Comment

No unfortunately the mainboard is bad as well becuase the optical audio light just flickers for a sec when plugged in so motherboard is fried as well
                                    Attached Files

Comment

It is not strictly so, when tv starts up some seconds passes then the main board provides 12v to tcon, if the psu feels an overcurrent all stops and restarts, so leave alone the tcon and start the tv, watch optic out and with antenna in try to patiently find a tv station that you can hear ..

Comment

Well I unplugged the tcon board from motherboard and it still did it so It was a bad motherboard.

Comment

Working...
                                        X