HP EliteBook 845 G7 BIOS Pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP EliteBook 845 G7 BIOS Pass

Today i updated my CH341A programmer (3.3v FIX). I'm using other software for read BIOS chip, but reading data absolutely identical with files read earlier.

Comment

Hello, sorry for my english. I soldered the chips back to the board, the laptop did not start, I looked at the board again and found that the sixth pin was soldered on one of the chips. After the soldering, everything started and, lo and behold, the admin password disappeared, but the Endpoint Security Controller inscription appeared. In any case, it's better than not having access to BIOS settings. Now everything works except this warning at startup.
      Attached Files

Comment

if you modify the main bin (unlock) and then write it back, the ec chip sees that it has been played with, then it puts the old backup back with password back in, the newer hp you should not do the old way, this gives these problems and many errors

Comment

HI all, Working on HP EliteBook 845 G7 but it is bios password protected hp laptop & can't get it to unlock. I have uploaded the original 256MB Bin Files, can anyone kindly remove the BIOS ADMIN Password. Thanks in advance
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mferna14 View Post
            HI all, Working on HP EliteBook 845 G7 but it is bios password protected hp laptop & can't get it to unlock. I have uploaded the original 256MB Bin Files, can anyone kindly remove the BIOS ADMIN Password. Thanks in advance
            Upload the dump from the second bios chip.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
            Become a Badcaps supporter
            >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
            Thanks to all supporters.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Thanks Vesko356..., here you go the Bin dump on the second chip... There are 2 location #s on this U365 & U366, anyway only one chip present
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Vesko356..., here you go the Bin dump on the second chip... There are 2 location #s on this U365 & U366, anyway only one chip present
                Program only this (second) chip with the attached file, the other stays as is.
                >
                Attached Files

Comment

Sir, thank you very much... will do so & Inform you after all is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                    Program only this (second) chip with the attached file, the other stays as is.
                    >
                    I programmed just the second BIOS chip with updated Bin files you send me, but no luck. Now what happens is the LED on the power jack blinks 5 times fast & stops & then again blinks 5 times & stops & this keeps on going in a loop till I remove the power cord. It does not turn on at all even after pressing the power ON/OFF button on the keyboard. Kindly re-check please. Before this all was working fine except for the ADMIN BIOS Password. Thanks

Comment

I programmed just the second BIOS chip with updated Bin files you send me, but no luck. Now what happens is the LED on the power jack blinks 5 times fast & stops & then again blinks 5 times & stops & this keeps on going in a loop till I remove the power cord. It does not turn on at all even after pressing the power ON/OFF button on the keyboard. Kindly re-check please. Before this all was working fine except for the ADMIN BIOS Password. Thanks
                      Check the content of the chip, did you use verification? Also check the soldering of the chip and nearby components, make sure you didn't knock of resistor or something else at the surrounding area.
                      Edit: also check the soldering of the other chip.
                      Last edited by Vesko356; 06-06-2022, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Yes, it did a Flash verification after programming was complete, I did not do a verification later, I will do all what you told me & get back to you... Thanks

Comment

Yes, it did a Flash verification after programming was complete, I did not do a verification later, I will do all what you told me & get back to you... Thanks
                          The safest method for verifying the contents is to read the chip after programming and compare the resulting file with the source. This eliminates any doubt, and you can proceed to soldering the chip to the board.
                          In this way, each step of the process is verified, and in the event of a problem, only the last step can be checked - namely the soldering to be inspected.
                          Otherwise, everything has to be done again from the beginning, because it is not certain at what stage the mistake was made.
                          This also applies to the initial reading of the chip with the original (containing the password) dump. Two or three content dumps need to be made that are compared to each other. If they are the same then it is certain that the content has been read correctly.

The procedures described above can take five minutes longer, but save five hours of headaches.

Comment

Sir, after writing/flashing the chip it says programming successful & Auto Verification Success., but when I again verify the flash BIOS, it gives me errors, why is this so??? I even changed with another Brand New 25Q256JW , still the same error. Thanks for the reply in advance.

Comment

Sir, after writing/flashing the chip it says programming successful & Auto Verification Success., but when I again verify the flash BIOS, it gives me errors, why is this so??? I even changed with another Brand New 25Q256JW , still the same error. Thanks for the reply in advance.
                              Read again my previous post, do not rely on a automatic verification process built into the software.
                              Check the contact between the chip and the adapter

Comment

Sir, I checked all the contacts on the chip & they are fine & no knocked off components. I have no idea why I am get the verifaction error over & over again. I took another Physical Programmer CH341A. It writes well but upon verification, it gives Verification errors too. So as you told me, I did a manual Verification off the BIOS Chip dump & the bin file you send me. EXCATLY THE SAME in HxD. Upon this verification I was satisfied & soldered the flashed chip on the motherboard. All worked fine without any Admin Password. Thanks you Very much Vesko256 for your GREAT HELP/WORK. It was very nice & kind of you to take out time & remove the Admin PW. 100% Works. Thanks
                                Last edited by mferna14; 06-07-2022, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Good afternoon, I have an HP 845 G7 from which I am not able to remove the MDM, could you help me to remove it?

Thank you
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys,
                                    is someone so kind as to remove the admin pass from this bios?
                                    Thank you very much
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GabyCR View Post
                                      Hi guys,
                                      is someone so kind as to remove the admin pass from this bios?
                                      Thank you very much
                                      the password is in the 16MB bios..so look for a 16MB chip on the motherboard and post the content ..
                                      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                                        the password is in the 16MB bios..so look for a 16MB chip on the motherboard and post the content ..
                                        Thank you very much for your reply!

I can't find any with 16mb, I have two chips, one on each side of the board, I attach the two bios.

Thank you very much!
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GabyCR View Post
                                          Thank you very much for your reply!

I can't find any with 16mb, I have two chips, one on each side of the board, I attach the two bios.

Thank you very much!
                                          yes..this has two 33 Mb..write only on this the first one stays the same ..
                                          Attached Files
                                          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Working...
                                          X