Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pioneer DDJ-SZ XLR right is distorting

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
    I think you are going to need that oscilloscope as I suggested earlier. For this project, you don't need a real fancy one either. Something basic will do just fine. Other than that, you just stab around in the dark and get frustrated on top of it.

You know that the unbalanced output jacks work, but not one of the balanced output. The unbalanced ports work of Master Hot. So there must be something either with the Master Cold going on on the bad balanced port or there is something not equal coming out of the DAC. You need to be able to compare that in order to go any further.
    Hi just curious, im planning to get a oscilloscope. How many MHz would you recommend for audio equipment repairing purposes? is 50 enough? 100? 200? Cause mainly i will be using the scope only for audio equipment's only.

Comment

I use a 100Mhz scope for everything, but I am not only doing audio.. For audio even a 50Mhz scope is enough. A 200Mhz scope is nice, but to 95% not needed. It really depends on what you want to do and how future projects proof you wanna be.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
        I use a 100Mhz scope for everything, but I am not only doing audio.. For audio even a 50Mhz scope is enough. A 200Mhz scope is nice, but to 95% not needed. It really depends on what you want to do and how future projects proof you wanna be.
        Yeah thats what my friend said as well. Since i only use scope for audio purposes, he asked me to get the 50MHz scope, he said thats more than enough for audio repairing. So i might a portable chinese ones. As i dont use scope all the time, so i dont want to really waste a lot of money on something i rarely use. Been reviewing the portable ones, seems good so far. Does the basic job

Comment

Working...
        X