Finding replacements for Su'scon caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding replacements for Su'scon caps

This is for an lcd monitor that won't power on. At least 3 Su'scon caps have gone bad and I plan on replacing them all.

Su'scon 1000uF, 16V, 10x20mm, SG Series (R.C.=1820)
    Su'scon 470uF, 35V, 10x20mm, SG Series (R.C.=1820)
    Su'scon 33uF, 50V, 6x11mm, SG Series (R.C.= ?)
    Su'scon .22uF, 50V, 5x11mm, SK Series (R.C.=11 ?)

This is what I planned on replacing the Su'scons with:
    1000uF -> Nichicon UDH Series - UHD1C102MPD (R.C.=1820)
    470uF -> Nichicon UHD Series - UHD1V471MPD (R.C.=1820)
    33uF -> Nichicon UPW Series - UPW1H330MED (R.C.=300)
    .22uF -> Nichicon UVZ Series - UVZ1HR22MDD (R.C.=4.3)

The problem I have is that I'm not sure on the ripple for the Su'scon 33uf and .22uF so I don't know if what I listed above is a good match. The Su'scon SG data sheet doesn't list the 33uF/50V and in SK data sheet the .22uF/50V is grouped as: .1-.47uF ripple=11.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Per Hansson; 11-11-2020, 09:48 AM. Reason: Offsite images uploaded

Re: Finding replacements for Su'scon caps

looks good.

Comment

Any concern about the ripple current on the Nichicon 33uF and .22uF perhaps not being up to spec? I'm not sure if that's the case since like I mentioned before I can find the full specs on those 2 Su'scons.

Comment

33uf is probably about 260ma
        the 0.22 is 11ma, i would replace it with a film cap like a polypropylene

Comment

Hi

Comment

Really, why you care?
            The truth is that even a brand new Sus'son doesn't match spec, they've declared.
            It was a long time ago where I tried to replace one cap on a mobo with Sus'con. The result was instant blue screens after this replacement. I bought the yellow series of the Hitano - there were no problems at all.
            So, everything is better than Sus'con and Capxon. Doesn't matter what you will put on their place, it would be 100% better.
            Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
            1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Comment

Hi Mildew, I actually have a nearly similiar power supply board, and I was in a hurry and took out the 4 broken caps already without writing their values, thus don't know the capacitor mapping which one is which

It's the two 1000uF/16v and two 470UF 35v.

May I ask if you can let me know the capacitor mappings?

C203 C204
              C206 C212

Which one is which?

Appreciate your help!

Comment

I have the same problem as you guys. My LCD didn't light up. I replaced the 5 su'scon 1000mf 16V caps with 16V 1000mf Chongx VENT. My monitor went up but after 2 seconds, caps exploded. Can someone help me. Probably related to the ripple current. The other one were a little bit smaller as well.
                Last edited by schayer; 06-06-2023, 01:44 PM.

Comment

if they exploded leaving guts everywhere, then you put them in backwards
                  if they simply popped and smoked, you used bad capacitors that were lies at their quality. ChongX is of dubious quality if not simply bad.
                  Get quality capacitors and you'll be fine.

Comment

if the cap exploded you probably put it in backwards

Comment

Working...
                    X