Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need ThinkPad Config Information Update v1.02 or Lenovo Maintenance Utility V2.02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need ThinkPad Config Information Update v1.02 or Lenovo Maintenance Utility V2.02

I need ThinkPad Config Information Update Utility v1.02(or later) or Lenovo Maintenance Utility V2.02(or later).
    These software can write MEC1633 eeprom.
    X240,X250,T440,T450,etc... serial number can fix.

I have serial invalid X1 Carbon 5th.
    I want repair it.
    This ThinkPad is MEC1653.
    I want try that.

Thanks.

Re: Need ThinkPad Config Information Update v1.02 or Lenovo Maintenance Utility V2.02

I attached the hardware maintenance disk 1.9.. Later versions are unavailable..
    Maybe this works, give it a try!
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Need ThinkPad Config Information Update v1.02 or Lenovo Maintenance Utility V2.02

Originally posted by KvnTM View Post
      I attached the hardware maintenance disk 1.9.. Later versions are unavailable..
      Maybe this works, give it a try!
      Thanks.
      But can't write serial.
      EEPROM Overflow error.
      I need newer software.

Comment

As i said.. Later versions are unavailable as far as i know.

Comment

As i said.. Later versions are unavailable as far as i know.
          I found Lenovo Maintenance Diskette v2.02 MD_2.02.zip in VLab(Russian repair forum).
          But I can't download.
          I don't know fake or true.

Comment

Originally posted by kondou View Post
            I found Lenovo Maintenance Diskette v2.02 MD_2.02.zip in VLab(Russian repair forum).
            But I can't download.
            I don't know fake or true.
            Mostly all of these Russian forums are pay sites. They want their users to pay for downloads... vlab is no exception. Could be legit but i won't trust it to be honest.

I don't recommend supporting them by giving them money. Knowledge should be free to access and charging money for some companies intellectual property is a fraud. Plus these tools are intended for service people who work for the company and aren't public. Thats why it is so hard to get them.

I'll look around if I find something and let you know...

Comment

Mostly all of these Russian forums are pay sites. They want their users to pay for downloads... vlab is no exception. Could be legit but i won't trust it to be honest.

I don't recommend supporting them by giving them money. Knowledge should be free to access and charging money for some companies intellectual property is a fraud. Plus these tools are intended for service people who work for the company and aren't public. Thats why it is so hard to get them.

I'll look around if I find something and let you know...
              I learned a lot today. Thanks so much.

Comment

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n1ctm02w.zip

from: https://www.reddit.com/r/thinkpad/co..._189_download/

Note: VLab doesn't charge except for schematics. Just upload 5 bios dumps or something else of interest in the appropriate sub-forum and you can download whatever you want besides the schematics.

Comment

Can i use this tool for a L590?Unfortunately, the software does not start from the stick.

Comment

Did you ever figure this out?
                    I tried both tools on my T14s and I get same error *EEPROM Overflow
                    Any solution? Also what about clearing a preset OA3.cfg how can I clear it.

Comment

I fixed the issue for the *EEPROM Overflow and not being able to write C0.

To set the Serial Number, Model on my Lenovo T14s:

I Used "ThinkPad Config Information Update Utility v1.11" attached

-Extract and run "usbfmtpw.exe" this will format your USB and copy the files over.
                      (check that the files copied after format. if not manually copy them to the root of the usb).
                      -Insert to laptop and boot to USB FDD it is EFI not Legacy (USB you just created).
                      -Now go 1, then use 2 to read current keys. record any keys shown, take a photo of them they will be erased if there not already.
                      -Now go back to main menu and choose initialize EEPROM, this clears all keys plus UUID and now the overflow error wont happen.
                      -Now go 1, then use 1 again to add new info, enter C0 then Enter.
                      -Now enter serial and model in long form will start with 1S so (1STTTTMMMMCCSSSSSSS)
                      -Enter and Key is stored.
                      -If you like can add more or go back and use option 3 for a few more config details. (I set my brand name there)
                      -Once all info is set go to assign UUID, and say Yes.
                      (once you generate the UUID you cannot edit the serials unless you initialize and do them all over again.
                      -Reboot and check bios screen your info should be there no more beeps on boot.

Product ID: TTTT-MMMMCC
                      Serial#: SS-SSSSS

TTTT = Machine Type
                      MMMM = Model Type
                      CC = Country Code
                      SSSSSSS = Serial Number

Attached Files
                      Last edited by coolshrimp; 10-24-2022, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Hello, hope all is well with you all,

I am unable to get the Product Name correct.

C0 and B0 are registered and working fine. but I cant get the Product Name.

I have entered the Brand Name, T14s Gen 2 - but i keep seeing 2202: Product Name Invalid on load up.

any help would be most appreciated.

best,

A

Comment

Originally posted by aowc02 View Post
                          Hello, hope all is well with you all,

I am unable to get the Product Name correct.

C0 and B0 are registered and working fine. but I cant get the Product Name.

I have entered the Brand Name, T14s Gen 2 - but i keep seeing 2202: Product Name Invalid on load up.

any help would be most appreciated.

best,

A
                          I had same issue, from main menu I think it' option 3, set product name.
                          Name should be “Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Gen 2” or “ThinkPad T14s Gen 2”.
                          The tool I think automatically adds the first “thinkpad” part when entering the name of you let it.

Comment

Work Like a charm on E490 :-)

Comment

How can you remove or edit OA3.cfg?

Comment

Originally posted by coolshrimp View Post
                                I had same issue, from main menu I think it' option 3, set product name.
                                Name should be “Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Gen 2” or “ThinkPad T14s Gen 2”.
                                The tool I think automatically adds the first “thinkpad” part when entering the name of you let it.
                                Hi, i have a similar situation with T14 Gen 2, no matter what i do i get the product name error. I have written both serial numbers and brand name.... all seems ok but keep getting the error

Comment

Hello,

Did you manage to solve this - I have the same issue!! After changing the serial number I now have 2022 - Product Name Error

Comment

Originally posted by hpboy View Post
                                    Hello,

Did you manage to solve this - I have the same issue!! After changing the serial number I now have 2202 - Product Name Error
                                    I have now fixed this - If anyone else has the 2202 Product Name error, use the Gold Key to reprogramme

(Gold Key listed here - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103526)

Comment

Hello Guys. I need Lenovo Ideapad Config Information update

Comment

Working...
                                      X