No announcement yet.

SPIM08HP 3.7V 16AH Battery which can handle 200 amp pluses Battery Hookup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SPIM08HP 3.7V 16AH Battery which can handle 200 amp pluses Battery Hookup

Lead acid batteries need BMS too...

Comment

Your right about this but finding the right one is the issue and most of them are not designed right either they over charge over time or they do not charge enough and leave battery at 70% and not at 95 to 98% which would be better
      9 PC LCD Monitor
      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
      30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
      10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
      6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
      1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
      25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
      6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
      1 Dell Mother Board
      15 Computer Power Supply
      1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
      2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
      All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Well Electronic Goldmine brought back these again and I bought four of them to try out on the battery stud welder

Eaton PowerStor® XL60 3000 Farad 2.7V Supercapacitor XL60 a 1/3 cost of brand new one from Digikey

https://www.goldmine-elec-products.c...?number=G24175
        Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 12-03-2021, 08:02 AM.
        9 PC LCD Monitor
        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
        1 Dell Mother Board
        15 Computer Power Supply

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

Comment

Well I just bought one of these battery packs because now I have a way to test this type of battery pack

https://batteryhookup.com/products/2...v-power-module

But I going to turn this in to two 20 volt battery packs instead of the setup that it is right now

For the battery operated air compressor that I had bought several months ago

One note they have sold out of them several times before
          9 PC LCD Monitor
          6 LCD Flat Screen TV
          1 Dell Mother Board
          15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
            Well I just bought one of these battery packs because now I have a way to test this type of battery pack

https://batteryhookup.com/products/2...v-power-module

But I going to turn this in to two 20 volt battery packs instead of the setup that it is right now

For the battery operated air compressor that I had bought several months ago

One note they have sold out of them several times before
            One note I decided not to test on the new battery tester because of the data code on the battery pack I decided to use the other battery testing machine instead for a more accurate testing results but once I get the batteries matching close to each other then I will put it on the other battery tester and run it at a 8 amp load and see what the results look like

I have tested a few of these for this pack and they seem to have around 90% life left in them for batteries that have a date code of 2015 on them
            They are suppose to test at 8 amp hours but are testing at around 7.0** to 7.1**something amp hours

The discharge curve looks good until it reaches the 3.45 volts and drops faster than I would expected it to be it should drop at lower voltage maybe closer to 3.0 would be a lot better

This discharge curve looks pretty decent for it age still a lot of life in it I tested one for 5 minutes @8 amp load on the testing machine and the results were pretty good at 8 amp load
            Attached Files
            Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 01-02-2022, 07:41 AM.
            9 PC LCD Monitor
            6 LCD Flat Screen TV
            1 Dell Mother Board
            15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
              One note I decided not to test on the new battery tester because of the data code on the battery pack I decided to use the other battery testing machine instead for a more accurate testing results but once I get the batteries matching close to each other then I will put it on the other battery tester and run it at a 8 amp load and see what the results look like

I have tested a few of these for this pack and they seem to have around 90% life left in them for batteries that have a date code of 2015 on them
              They are suppose to test at 8 amp hours but are testing at around 7.0** to 7.1**something amp hours

The discharge curve looks good until it reaches the 3.45 volts and drops faster than I would expected it to be it should drop at lower voltage maybe closer to 3.0 would be a lot better

This discharge curve looks pretty decent for it age still a lot of life in it I tested one for 5 minutes @8 amp load on the testing machine and the results were pretty good at 8 amp load
              Testing has been suspend from 1-2-22 for the rest of the week because of work and having to work 13 days with no days off because of some special project that they want to do
              9 PC LCD Monitor
              6 LCD Flat Screen TV
              1 Dell Mother Board
              15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Well I have tested about half of them and the results are as follows
                6800 to 7*** something these batteries are not quite as good as the signal double battery pack cells are but I can still use them but a little disappointed that they are as good and have found that some of the battery cells have a self discharge issue which is going to add to how I group these batteries to make a battery pack
                9 PC LCD Monitor
                6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                1 Dell Mother Board
                15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

hate cell variation, alas not much can be done about it ...

Comment

Yeah I know all I can do is group them the best that I can and the ones that have a bad self discharge rate maybe use a couple of them for solar lighting around my shed and maybe in the font yard I have a few solar panels that I could use for this project
                    9 PC LCD Monitor
                    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                    1 Dell Mother Board
                    15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Working...
                    X