TL866 it is updated, 671 version and the firmware as well. W25Q64FV

Comment

Re: Asus Q502L does not boot up properly

Here it is my serial number: F4N0BC05247717B

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
        Here it is my serial number: F4N0BC05247717B
        cacla, those files don't look bin files. I would have to rename it, as .bin file?

Comment

You don`t have to change it to .bin ,the programmer will read the file as is. Your bios chip is a W25Q64FV(SIQ) , if you get any errors reading or verifying ,program it again with QE = 1 S9 QUAD ENABLE ticked under the config tab .
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

cacla, those files don't look bin files. I would have to rename it, as .bin file?
            They are fine trust me

Comment

Cacla, which one should I use? On the Asus site, the 206 is the latest Bios.
              Last edited by tibimakai; 07-07-2018, 10:43 AM.

Comment

What is interesting, when I check the ID( 0xEF 40 17) of the IC online, it shows as a W25Q64CV.
                Should I chose the basic W25Q64FV, and not the SOIC8 or such options, right?
                Last edited by tibimakai; 07-07-2018, 06:32 PM.

Comment

I have tried the 209 version and did not work, just the power and HDD LEDs keep blinking.
                  If I place the IC into the programmer and I "Verify" it, it shows this message after it's done: Verify Result(differencequantity): 5238952. This is a message in red. This is bad or OK?
                  I will try, the 206 version now.
                  I'm not measuring anything at this time, but some of the coils are getting pretty warm(3.3V & 5V).

Comment

I have tried 206 as well and I get the same thing, it seems like it is trying to turn on, but it is in a reboot loop.
                    I have measured the 3.3V and 5V and when it reaches these voltages, drops to 2.3V respectively, to 3.4V. After a couple of seconds, it turns off(0V) and the cycle restarts. No voltage is present, at the 1.8V CPU.
                    The ICE chip could be faulty?
                    I'm wondering, how come everything has changed, after I have removed the BIOS chip?

Comment

Program the bios with the part number on top of the chip. If your getting any sort of error its A. Not seated properly in the adapter B. The programmer is faulty C. The bios chip is faulty. D. You`re not programming with the correct settings .

The W25Q64CV supports dual and quad SPI The W25Q64FV supports dual ,quad and QPI

Try it with QE = 1 S9 QUAD ENABLE ticked under the config tab . If that doesn`t work try it with quad enable unticked ,and check id unticked and choose W25Q64FV
                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I'm not getting errors. Every time shows a succesful result.
                        After I try the chip in the laptop, when I place it back in the programmer and I hit Verify, than I get that red message. But I don't know if it is an error, or not.

Comment

If youve got the options ticked to erase before,and verify after thats ok. When you put it back in the programmer why hit verify again ? . You only need to program and verify once.

Comment

I was just curious.
                            So, if the flash is OK, than what is happening with my laptop?
                            What I have noticed previously touching it and now, that with the AC adapter is in a reboot loop and with the battery, wants to start only once.

Comment

The bios provided by @cacla are ok. Did you replace the cap with the ferrite bead . 3.3v and 5v voltages are up ,you need to know which IC generates 1.8v . It would really help if you could get the boardview.

Comment

The question which BIOS should I have on the chip? He asked for the serial number, which I have provided on the first page.
                                It would be a good start, to have the right BIOS.
                                The 3.3V and 5V are up, but they are keep shutting down, so most likely something is causing that. They are warm at touch as well.
                                I would need that password, for the boardview.

Comment

The question which BIOS should I have on the chip? He asked for the serial number, which I have provided on the first page.
                                  It would be a good start, to have the right BIOS.
                                  The 3.3V and 5V are up, but they are keep shutting down, so most likely something is causing that. They are warm at touch as well.
                                  I would need that password, for the boardview.
                                  Which IC is generating 3.3V and 5V. I`ve already PM`ed you about the boardview,so you know there`s other alternatives.With the boardview you`ll find the right value ferrite bead replacement, and we`ll know what IC is controlling what.

Comment

I have checked the voltages, at the coils.
                                    I have purchased the boardview file, but how can I upload it here?

Comment

OK, here it is the rar file.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

I'm at work, so I don't have setup, the boardview software yet.

Comment

The ferrite bead is L4510, by the LVD connector(first on from the right).

P.S. I have managed to open PCBRepair Tool software.

Comment

Working...
                                          X