GA-Z77X-UD3H Broken Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GA-Z77X-UD3H Broken Cap

Hey guys I need some assistance before I begin replacing a broken cap on my motherboard that is no more than 1 day old. =(

Long story short, I received the mobo with one of caps near the cpu vrm being slightly bent diagonally and in an effort to re-straighten the cap, it became detached. And yes before you ask I did make sure there was no "Made in China" label anywhere so I didn't think applying a little bit of pressure would be an issue.

Now since the two pins are still attached to the mobo, would it be possible to just slide the two pins back into the two holes under the capacitor? If not, then I would imagine that the first step is to find the correct cap replacement. The capacitor is labeled as follows:

SEPC

I have attached a picture of the mobo, along with the broken cap(in green) and the two pins currently sticking up(in red).

Thanks for the help.
    Attached Files

Re: GA-Z77X-UD3H Broken Cap

Originally posted by babyburke1 View Post
    Hey guys I need some assistance before I begin replacing a broken cap on my motherboard that is no more than 1 day old. =(

Long story short, I received the mobo with one of caps near the cpu vrm being slightly bent diagonally and in an effort to re-straighten the cap, it became detached. And yes before you ask I did make sure there was no "Made in China" label anywhere so I didn't think applying a little bit of pressure would be an issue.

Now since the two pins are still attached to the mobo, would it be possible to just slide the two pins back into the two holes under the capacitor? If not, then I would imagine that the first step is to find the correct cap replacement. The capacitor is labeled as follows:

SEPC

I have attached a picture of the mobo, along with the broken cap(in green) and the two pins currently sticking up(in red).

Thanks for the help.
    Now since the two pins are still attached to the mobo, would it be possible to just slide the two pins back into the two holes under the capacitor

No, a capacitor is a sealed unit once the seal is broken it is junk, also you likely tore some of the internal layers apart when the cap detached.

Looks like you have a 560uf 6.3v polymer cap there.

One of these should do the trick:
    http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...3-1-ND/2347957

Comment

Thank you for the response.

Comment

Capacitors are Panasonic SEPC Poly. Excellent quality!

I hope you have good equipment. Statements like "2X Copper PCB" suggest that the heavy copper planes around that cap will beat down small soldering irons with the greatest of ease. You broke the cap where the planes are the heaviest. Your warranty fades away as you maul the board desperately trying to get the cap out.

I can replace the cap easily but can you? I recommend sending the board back to Gigabyte and take your lumps.
        sig files are for morons

Comment

Originally posted by severach View Post
          Capacitors are Panasonic SEPC Poly. Excellent quality!

I hope you have good equipment. Statements like "2X Copper PCB" suggest that the heavy copper planes around that cap will beat down small soldering irons with the greatest of ease. You broke the cap where the planes are the heaviest. Your warranty fades away as you maul the board desperately trying to get the cap out.

I can replace the cap easily but can you? I recommend sending the board back to Gigabyte and take your lumps.
          I've contacted a well known computer franchise here that offers a motherboard repair service. They said that they could repair the motherboard. Just making sure, but I did purchase the right capacitor correct? It should be here on Tuesday. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by severach View Post
            Capacitors are Sanyo SEPC Poly. Excellent quality!
            Fixed
            I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

hello guys, i need a bios file, mine not boot up ._. , 2 bios are fail

Comment

Download from official Gigabyte website.
                OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Working...
                X