HP Proliant Does not Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Proliant Does not Start

I have this motherboard which does not start at all. Upon investigation I can the board getting slightly burnt on display port 1 connector.
    I noticed that one of the capacitor located near that display connector was damaged and I removed it. Now I can sorting on the adjacent resistor.

Can anybody please guide me what should be the next step for proper troubleshooting. I have attached the images which may help. If anyone wants any specific image , just ask, thank you.

CAP C1151 damaged - Removed
    R1170 is also short to ground - Not Yet removed.

Thank you everyone.
    Attached Files

Re: HP Proliant Does not Start

Post high-res pictures of both sides of the board.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

These arent not the high resolution images but they could possibly work. If you need any specific area images then I can focus on that area as well.
      Attached Files

Comment

sir were these images of motherboard of any use @piernov

Comment

When I see burns like that, I honestly am not sure if this is fixable. This being a newer mobo, pretty much everything is integrated in the chipset. So the damage near the DP connector likely damaged either the chipset or the CPU (whichever one of these drives the DP signals).

But before we conclude anything and since the motherboard does not turn on... check the resistance between each power rail on the 24-pin ATX connector (i.e. 3.3V, 5V, 12V, etc.) to ground and post what resistances you get. Anything below 100 Ohms could potentially be a short-circuit or a partial short-circuit. Also do the same test for the CPU 4-pin 12V connector. This will allows us to know if the motherboard/PSI is not turning on due to a shorted part. If that's not it, I'd say the chipset is gone... or if you are very lucky, there may be a switch chip before the DP signals go to the chipset. Just follow the data lines on the DP back from the port to whatever chip it goes to.
          Last edited by momaka; 09-30-2018, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X