This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, my name is Júlio César, I'm 38 years old, I live in São Paulo - SP Brazil, I'm an electronics technician looking for knowledge, I worked at Sony and Samsung. Today I have a company dedicated to the repair of Cell Phones and Laptops.

Comment

hello, I'm Martinez, looking fore more info on GPUs

Comment

Hi everyone, I am happy to join this great community. I was following it for a while and learned a lot. I hope that I could share some some knowledge with others.

Comment

Hello!

I'm guy from Sweden that like to fix vintage and newer electronic. Found really good information on this site so I joined to get better access to picture and so on.

Have a good day guys and girls!

Comment

Hi, I would like to make a post

Comment

Hello from Germany!

Comment

Hello everyone.
                I am Roberto from France.
                I am on the forum to learn and find help with repairing components.
                Thank you to everyone who shares their experience and knowledge.
                Thanks to the Badcaps team.

Comment

Hello chaps! Great site that I'm hoping I can share my own experience with others and also attain new skills

Comment

Hi All! Here from Arizona. Pretty technical hobbyist. I enjoy fixing things vs replacing them!

Comment

Looks like I never introduced myself here… Let's fix that!

Hi, I'm mmu_man (but I had to create a second account as my ISP seemed to have lost the confirmation email), from France.

I have an underused engineering degree, I'm interested in retro-computing, also into Free Software development, mostly on Haiku, a FLOSS Operating System inspired by BeOS.

I recently recapped my BP6, and my Macintosh LC-III (still have the PSU to do).

I have a lot of unfinished ideas of PCB designs and other adapter cables, with one working to convert from the AAUI to AUI on 68k Macs.

I fixed my ThinkPad T510 twice, first time I had to replace the ethernet PHY crystal (bridging a second one over is quite effective to test in-circuit), then the second time I actually had to create an account here to find the schematics to patch the motherboard with a potentiometer to have it accept a cheap replacement fan, just before attending CCCamp19.

I also wrote yet another lengthy blog post recently about Lenovo, OS support, right to repair…

Comment

Hello All! I am just getting into logic board troubleshooting and repair. I have a lot to learn but hope to be in a point in the near future where I can be a helpful member of Badcaps.

Comment

Hi, nice to meet you all. I saw this forum mentioned in a few places and wanted to check it out. I'm a bit of a hobbyist, I enjoy fixing things. I've been learning about electronic repair online, and I was hoping to learn from this forum.

Comment

Hello.

I'm Jake, I like to game and utizlize or salvage what I can from the means of limited resources which usually come in "broken" devices or some sort of problem and I came here awhile ago to unlock my old Dell Inspiron 7110 or something like that to use UEFI, AND it worked. Worked great and I appreciate whoever it was that modded the bios. Now I'm here with another project a HP ProBook 450 g6. First motherboard I got the bios was locked. Ordered a ch341a programmer and a soip connector. That tended to fail bc the clip never stayed attached. Cheap hardware but I attempted to desolder the bios chip with head gun and ripped the pads off and well... It was a mad rocket course on what I learned I shouldn't do. So I bought another motherboard and I've ran into problems recovering this bios. And I'm stuck with it never booting passed a black screen, to desoldering the chip rewriting a bios dump I found online then resoldering it, and now it boots, flashes num lock and caps lock with mute amber solid then caps and num stop blinking 4 times, amber goes away and then wifi f key goes amber, then goes away and it boots but boots with saying hp programming mode and it doesn't boots windows PE with limited resources and I can't update the bios through network

Comment

Howdy All, trying to learn more electronics, thanks for a great forum.

Comment

Hello folks!

I am an amateur repair tech (mainly doing this a hobby) that is focusing on game consoles and some theater lighting equipment. Being very new at this, I'm sure I can learn a lot from some of the seasoned veterans here. Thanks for some of the help in advance!

Comment

Hi Guys, been doing Automotive electronics for the last 30 years and
                                  recently started fixing the old laptops that packed up over the years and stumbled onto you guys while looking for info on the net.Thanks for the warm welcome and look forward to learning more about the finer detail of repairing laptops.

Comment

Hello,
                                    My name is Rudy and i come from Reunion Island. My english is very basic, so sorry for the mistakes. I like music, specially piano and violon. I got insterested with computers since more two years. My interesting with electronic is new. Thank you for existence of the forum.
                                    Have a good day !

Rudy

Comment

Hello everyone!

Comment

Thanks to accepted me in this communiy . I am an italian guy who likes to try to fix the impossible before throwing everything away, I came to find this community through google trying to solve a problem and I noticed that there are many guys prepared. Thank you all.

Comment

hey for evry one

Comment

Working...
                                          X