Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help bricked bios thinkpad t450s

Hi guys
    i traied to remove screen whitelist from bios following a reddit guide but i bricked the bios.
    I reflashed the original dump but the notebook gives me black screen...

I have also tried this one with the same result: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=72997
    Attached Files

Re: help bricked bios thinkpad t450s

If your bios file is original and before modifying this laptop, please upload my cleared bios file and the laptop must start properly.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mayss View Post
      If your bios file is original and before modifying this laptop, please upload my cleared bios file and the laptop must start properly.
      I disconnected all the batteries, flashed your file, reconnected batteries and charger, turned on the PC and for a moment the keyboard lit up (as with my original file) but then black screen

Comment

Im having the same exact issue as him but your bin file worked but its got password. Do you know what the password is Thanks

Comment

I had the same exact issue also i had forgotten my supervisor password so to completely wipe your bios and make it new with no supervisor password attached to it.

Follow These Steps

First apply the Bios patch step 1 and make sure batteries are disconnected.
          Wait for it to boot up then press f1 to go into the bios Password is (1234)
          For hardware id press anything then press enter and space twice it will tell you to turn it off.

Flash step 2 once its done power it up without connecting the batteries and see if it boots up to the bios screen. It will take about 20 seconds for the screen to show then go straight into the bios set it up how you like and boom you've now got a fresh bios with no passwords attached to it to.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by makaveli_763; 11-18-2021, 02:45 AM.

Comment

I only cleaned the me-region mapping. Password supervisor should know makaveli_763 because it is his original bios file. I can see that the bios is working and you have patched it. Then the makaveli_763 laptop has another problem not related to the bios.

Comment

Originally posted by mayss View Post
              I only cleaned the me-region mapping. Password supervisor should know makaveli_763 because it is his original bios file. I can see that the bios is working and you have patched it. Then the makaveli_763 laptop has another problem not related to the bios.
              maybe he left the unsupported wifi card in .
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Did you know flashing a new bios won't remove the supervisor password since its related to the tpm chip rather than the bios chip. So even if you were to flash a new bios there would still be a password on it

Also my bios had no other problems as the only problem i had was forgetting my supervisor password which i had set back when i brought this laptop (2015)

To remove the password you have to use the flashed bios i used which resets your tpm chip completely, Then you would have to flash your orginal bios back.

My M.2 2242 ssd works also 4g modem and my wifi card so i dont think there is anything wrong with my bios

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                  maybe he left the unsupported wifi card in .
                  I tried makaveli_763's Step 1 with the same result, I have stock wifi card but a custom display... do you think it could be the problem? The custom display worked before I screwed up but I can put stock one back

Comment

Working...
                  X