View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 01:18 PM   #7
sam_sam_sam
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: Some times Sunny Jacksonville FL
My Country: USA
Line Voltage: 120 Volts 60 HZ
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Default Re: Rebuilding an Li-Ion Tool Battery with Li-Po Pouch Cells (Ryobi P189)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RukyCon View Post
When it comes to batteries from AliExpress, isn't there the possibility that someone can take a generic no-name cell and put some heat shrink on it to make it look like a better brand? And then sell it as such.
Yes this can happen but you have to know what the seller reputation is and go from there ( price for each battery cell if it very cheap is good indicator that it could be fake for good quality brand name batteries they are going to be about $4.00 to $6.00 per cell on average

eBay is also another source but the same thing holds true

You can safely solder the tabs from cell to cell as long as you do not stay on any one cell for a long period of time you should be ok if you have a temperature controlled soldering iron and you set your temperature to 775* F and use good quality solder you can do this very easily

You can buy a battery operated battery spot welder for around $40.00 I used one to put together a 27 battery cells into a battery pack and I did at least 6 to 8 spot welds to each end of each battery cell
10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
1 Dell Mother Board
15 Computer Power Supply
1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 02-11-2022 at 01:28 PM..
sam_sam_sam is offline   Reply With Quote