Old 05-24-2022, 11:56 AM   #13
SmartSarah

City & State: Sint-Truiden, Limburg
My Country: Belgium
Line Voltage: 240VAC 50Hz
I'm a: Hobbyist Tech
Default Re: Sharp LC70LE747 Flickering - darkening gradually to the right side

Small update
In order to measure the BL voltages I hooked up a small multi-meter with it's tilt-stand hanging on the power board.
Since then the TV worked normally.
So bad joint close to the upper part of this board? Earlier measurements with the same multi-meter setup gave me a similar impression but after a while the error returned, so I left the theory.
Now, after measuring the BL tensions, hanging the multi-meter on the board and applying some mechanical pressure on the backlight connector in order to make good contact, the error remained away.

So I took the power board and re-soldered all pcb joints in the power lanes starting from the LED+ connector down to the two diodes on the secondary side. This includes a power diode, a transistor, a coil, some resistors and bridges. This for the 3 LED backlight circuits. From experience I'm aware that "hot" power components might de-solder themselves. Some of the joints looked suspicious but I honestly can't tell if they really where troublesome. Since we started using low lead solder, good joints don't shine anymore!
So far, problem gone!!!

Anyway, I'll observe situation for a few weeks before I feel confident I've definitively hit it.
If the problem stays away, I'll call it off. Meantime, many thanks to Diah who gave me adequate directions.

Cheers

Sarah
SmartSarah is offline   Reply With Quote