Badcaps Veteran

City & State: North Springfield, Vermont
My Country: USA
Line Voltage: 118-127V 59-63.5 Hz-> actualizo: pérdido de voltaje
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Default Re: Wresting with Deepfreeze and SurferQuest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370forlife View Post
There was no password on the bios, and I reset it as well. I also don't see any device inside the computer so I think its just a Dell being a Dell not being able to boot from USB. It must just be coincidental that the CD Rom also doesn't work.

I'm going to try hooking up a different CD rom drive, it has a slimline style drive in it now. The power supply also does not have any Molex connectors, so I'm going to have to rig up another power supply for the time being. I thought I had another CD rom drive from a big ol' Dell server, but it was SCSI. I have drastically fewer parts than I had in the past, so doing these things now becomes more of a challenge .
IIRC, boards since the USB 2.0 era (since 2002, IIRC) should be able to boot from USB.

Ryzen 5 "Vermeer" 5600X

32 GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C18D-32GTZN

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr"!" -mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747
RJARRRPCGP is offline   Reply With Quote