This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey everyone, here lurking the forums and looking for some guidance in the form of a bios password to my Acer.

Comment

Hi everyone! I am a computer/electronics-network technician since 1999 and have been working here in Saudi Arabia for almost 10 years now with different companies. I am from Philippines and loves troubleshooting and exchanging ideas, knowledge and experience with every one.

Comment

Hello, my name is Kenny, i'm not much on punctuation or spelling as long as the point gets across. I came to this forum from googling a power supply issue for my hp z800. I am 41 i have been working with computers since i was 8. my first computer was trash 80 (trs-80) and commodore 64, wish we actually had a hard drive, back then we had tape drives and oh boy! we wrote all of our programs as we used them. i can remember going to the library and checking out books of code to play games. when apple first came out oh the joy of apple basic and hard drives, 3.5 and 5 inch floppies were a huge leap forward.
        i was glad to come across this post had a chance to break out the old soldering iron and start finding some bulging caps. took out a 25v 220uf cap (practiced removing one from another spare board i had laying around so as not to screw up) and low and behold after a few hours of finding one close (30v 400uf) had a heck of a time lining it back up, but managed to finally do so. and BAMM! couldn't find my roll of solder anywhere hahaha dang. so i found some old motors i had in the closet broke the wire leads off and went to work re-purposing the solder. well i am on that z800 now but that one cap did not fix the problem. will change the rest as i find time, untill i either fix the psu or kill it and buy another.
        well so here i am. am willing to help anyway i can. and ready to learn all i can as well.
        sincerely,
        Kenny.

Comment

I hope I got the activation email. My name is parawizard! I have been repairing Bowers and Wilkins Zeppelins and A7 speakers with great success. Recent grabbed a gaming laptop with a bad bios flash to try and fix off ebay. Wish me luck!

Comment

Hi I'm mark and I am here because I'm having some issues with a particularly difficult laptop. Seems like I might be in the right place.

Comment

Hello and welcome everybody.

Comment

Hello everyone!.... I'm new here and just starting to dabble into electronics as well as repairs (minor at this stage). I'm from Australia and found out about this site by watching Youtube and seeing a well known person who posted a link to this forum. Anyway just introducing myself and hope to gain some insightful knowledge on how to repair mobile devices as well as laptops.

Comment

Hello, I am looking for the syncmaster t23b350 TCon repair manual, anyone who can help me out there?

Comment

New poster.....very frustrated with Asus battery issue that doesn't work when unplugged and turns off after about 1.45 mins of use (plugged in, of course).
                    I've spent 20+ hours looking for and trying options but now I'm going insane
                    HELP PLEASE!

Comment

Hello everyone:

my name is Lincoln and I'm a college student learning about digital electronics right now.

hope to see you guys in the next post

Comment

Hi All,

I have been in the communications industry for over 30 years and a part time electronics hobbyist since i built a microbee computer in my teens (some time ago). I wish i had found this forum years ago. I have recently been replacing caps in LED GU10 down light drivers. They do not like heat..

Comment

Greetings progr....I mean fellow techies. Long time infrastructure technician, and developer of 16 years, but quite new to soldering. This is exactly why I have seeked you out as I have a general, yet potentially dangerous situation and really look forward to gathering your wisdom on the topic. Thanks so much

Comment

I'm new and trying to post an hello. Not sure if I am in the right spot however. Regardless, hope to share knowledge. I have been in the computer business since 1976. Applications programmer, systems designer, project manager. Now I want to get into the hardware side of the business. Learning electronics is my objective. Looking forward to it. Hi!

Comment

I have an assortment of computer equipment dating back to the early 80s. Some works. Some I've fixed. Some is still broken! My reason for signing up for this forum was that I've been trawling online for schematics and boardviews for a 24" Mid 2007 iMac, and this site came up in the search results. It died on me yesterday and I'm grieving its loss. It had Linux Mint on it.

Comment

Well am adisa Ibrahim
                                I just like getting and giving upgate when it comes to hardware and software of motherboard..
                                I have been looking for a file that why I am here luckily
                                I'm from Nigeria

Comment

Hi everyone,I'm new to this forum any kind of new in electronic repairs chip level I've been doing this for a year now and I kinda like it and I wish that this page or forum will help me find the schematics and help that I needed to advance my skills and productivity.i am based in Namibia windhoek and here isn't a lot of repair shops that's why I want to start my own repair shop. because most people just throw away the electronics without thinking that it can be repaired. Michael is to encourage people to throw less electronics away and repair more this causes less refusal dump and keep our environment bit cleaner

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm Luke and I know next to nothing about electronic hardware repairs...but I'm fascinated by it. I'm an IT professional with 25 years experience in programming (everything from PIC to Python :p ), network engineering ( Cisco/Juniper/HP/Aruba ), Server admin etc. and linux enthusiast.

I'm fed up with how much perfectly repairable stuff gets e-wasted by the company I work for because they don't want to spend the time to try and fix it, and have taken to trying my hand at repairs and salvage. So far I've managed a few simple cap replacements on devices where that was obviously the problem - thanks to browsing these forums - and have now decided to stop shadowing and actually register.

Comment

Hello, glad to be here. I've been mending audio equipment for 50 years and now I've retired I like to keep the old hifi going. I would recommend to those newcomers to electronics to play around with some cheap components (transistors, resistors and capacitors) and a battery, just to develop soldering and measuring skills. There are plenty of simple circuit designs online to try.

Comment

Hi……. from 30 years the electronics is big pleasure in my life….. i am glad to be here…..

Comment

hello, i have a tv that won't turn on and i'm trying to be resourceful and fix it! i have very little experience...

Comment

Working...
                                          X