BN44-00274a dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BN44-00274a dead

Ok, the NTC had me confused. It is same as a resistor. Still shouldn't pin 4 have 18+ volts on it to start and power the circuit? O/P said there was .35v
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

This PSB has me dreaming - I love challenges. I'm leaving for west coast for 2 week vacation. (probably dream about this board on vacation). be back in 2 weeks. thanks for the insight so far. I'm confident this samsung tv will live again. been following all advice and not looking at schematic. will spend some time on schematic. HEY - thats what makes this FUN ! I love plasma tvs. many THANKS. dskall - headed to Portland. OR

Comment

want to thank everyone for there input here. listening to everyone here has not allowed me to look at schematic to get insight on this problem. I'm on vacation tomorrow to west coast. dskall - Portland, OR. thanks again and I'll be back on this soon (probably be dreaming for the next 2 weeks about this board ! ).

Comment

Have fun. Don't get caught in the riots.

Comment

You should no that's way overblown. just like all the news nowadays

Comment

removed HS802 (ICB801S) pin 4 - 5 are shorted. ordered part and a the 220UF 50V cap is weak also. it'll be 2 weeks before I report back. thanks

Comment

Should fix the problem.

Comment

got back. replaced ICB801S and high ESR cap. have +5 V on STBY now! will put board in plasma tomorrow. need sleep

Comment

quick follow up - put PSB in tv and set powers up perfectly. Believe all the bad solder joints (lot of them on PSB) killed the standby circuit. Thanks to all for the input and help.

Comment

Thanks for feedback.

Comment

Working...
                      X