CH341A Unable to Read BIOS Chip on DA0R53MB6E1 Motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unable to Read BIOS Chip on Motherboard

You didn't say what you did to get it working. This could help others with the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Zentech View Post
      Finally got it working... thank all
      What did you do because I have the same usb programmer with the same issue.

Comment

I used NeoProgrammer and now it's detecting and reading the chip.

Comment

If you don't mind sharing
          how did you fix it ? because I'm facing the same issue .

Comment

Re: CH341A Unable to Read BIOS Chip on DA0R53MB6E1 Motherboard

Hello
            I have the same problem and can someone help me?
            thanks

I sometimes don't have the service or should I re-solder?
            ch341a loose contact ???

ch341a also has a new firmware update ??
            Last edited by piernov; 09-28-2021, 04:24 AM. Reason: triple post

Comment

Hi guys,
              I've also had problems with the CH341A programmer like VERIFICATION ERRORS and ERASING finished in zero time = NOT ERASED!! during trying to reflash my DIP - 8 bios chip by GIGADEVICE. Had been trying everything I found on internet, especially finding, installing, uninstalling different drivers and software versions. But nothing helped me.

There is some info about 3.3V and 5V problems ( black CH341A versions) the WEBs. Aaaand - YEAH, that's TRUE!!! Everything is caused by incorrect VOLTAGE on the programmer and you need to bypass from 5V to 3.3V.

But I'm not able to do this thing, that's why I've tried lowering the VOLTAGE from USB PORT by connecting different hardware to usb HUB and increasing my USB CABLE's length. I still can't believe I've done my bios CHIP REFLASHING SUCCESSFULLY!!!

My connected things ( into ONE usb slot ). 1HUB ( of course without external charging ���� ), here is a mechanical lightning keyboard, switched on a usb lamp and one more usb hub with a PS4 controller plugged into this hub together with the CH341A device. You will just need trying.

So good luck guys!!! ��

Comment

Bricked my decade old 775 Intel DG33BU desktop motherboard while downgrading BIOS and intel recovery simply didn't do any thing... so got hold this CH341A programmer with test clips.... initially getting test clips hold on to motherboard was quite a work,, however default CH341A Mini Programmer (Black Edition) didn't do nothing... so switched to Neo Programmer and got this error

Programmer for MCU, AVR, SPI FLASH/EEPROM, I2C, Microwire, v2.1.0.19
                Current programmer: CH341
                IC not responding

so pulled out AMTEL BIOS chip and soldered it nice clean on tiny CH341A PCB as didn't have 200 MIL BIOS IC adapter,, anyway still same error.... so checked PIN voltages and felt IC was getting smoking hot

found a pin short so pulled it out cleaned IC legs and clamp it nice tight to test clip under Magnifying Lens and rest was history everything went boom like rocket.....

Thanks much Guys!!

Comment

I wanted to register to share that I had the same problem as Zentech and others here, and it was fixed by adjusting the clip on the BIOS chip. Don't know if that will solve it for others, but if you are running into the issue the OP had, check to make sure the clip is squarely centered over the BIOS chip. Cheers.

Comment

Hi there,
                    for all having issues:
                    1. Install drivers with PAR in the name - for programming,
                    2. Make sure chip has good connection - soldered into breakboard (I know what i say, checking continuity with a multimeter - everything was fine - but chip wasn't detected. Resoldering chip and breakboard pins helped)
                    3. 1.8V adapter not especially needeed - I've one and with poor soldering the chip, programmer didn't detected it - but it did connected straight to programmer without 1.8V adapter. After resoldering wlla started to work (with and without 1.8V adapter).

So conclusion is - good connection is the most important.

Comment

Working...
                    X