Viore PD50VH80 50" Plasma`

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viore PD50VH80 50" Plasma`

Label on back was removed, not sure of model # but think it's VIORE PD50VH80

TV is dead. 120VAC to PS, but 0VAC at bridge rectifier. Fuse is good.

Power Supply is a Samsung LJ44-00188A

Panel # S50HW-YB05 (S50HW-YD13)

What should I check? Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: Viore PD50VH80 50" Plasma`

Do you hear a relay click when power is applied? Any 5V STBY?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

No click and no standby

Comment

Can you post a picture of what's under the 450V 22uF capacitor? (gold coloured)
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...2&d=1371936170
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I just checked the nearby Q5801 and Q5802 (TK15A50D) and there is 22 ohms between gate and source on both of them.

Comment

Some test points.

RED-BLACK: Check voltage between these points. Should be around 160V DC.
              BLUE: Measure voltage across this capacitor.
              Attached Files

Comment

0.7VDC between resistor and diode, 0V at that cap, remember I'm getting no AC at bridge rectifier does that mean a problem in the AC section?

Comment

The bridge rectifier is only used when the 2nd relay clicks in. 1st relay is inrush limiter.
                  However this NTC appears to be used for both the 22uF cap and main power circuit.

So please check the resistance of it in circuit.

If it is bad, the bridge may be bad (shorted.)
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by tom66; 06-22-2013, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Is 22 ohms. The bridge tested good in circuit.

Comment

If you measure the AC at the left most terminal in the above picture (red probe) and black probe on the right most pin of the power connector from the AC plug (again as in photo), what do you measure? Somewhere the 120VAC is disappearing and it's probably in that filter section somewhere.

Comment

I have 122VAC here between those pins.

Comment

Sanity check, let's try another way for measuring standby cap voltage.
                          Attached Files

Comment

D'oh. Idiot alert. Please place the black probe on the fuse, not the resistor. Also, check that fuse is not blown.

Comment

VX801S

Black probe on white main, only readings on one side..
                              Attached Files

Comment

What is white main mean for black probe?
                                Last edited by tom66; 06-22-2013, 05:13 PM.

Comment

There is no voltage from that fuse to the cap, and fuse is good.

Comment

I mean the pin 2 white wire on the main AC connector

Comment

Well, the AC is disappearing somewhere. I'll see if I can track down a schematic for this, but it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out at what point it stops.

Comment

Should I have 120VAC on both sides of this component?
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X