Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 55EG910V OLED TV clicking

Hi!

I have the TV mentioned in the title. It won't turn on, just click.

I have read many posts here and I tried the TCon/panel test, where I disconnect the motherboard and jumper the PSU on and connect +12V to the Tcon.

The color pattern comes on, and the screen is perfectly fine.

However, connecting the motherboard back, it only clicks again.

I tried a CPU reflow, but the problem remains.

After pressing the power button on the remote, the TV clicks ~ 3 times, then the Stand By LED fades away, like it's turned on. CPU gets warm, no picture on screen, backlight isn't on.
    All voltages seem to be fine on the motherboard (I can measure +12, +24, +3.5, +5).
    TCon also gets +12V, but only 0.7V on the backlight fuse. But when the PSU is jumped, the backlight also works fine.

I made a jack-IR blaster, POWER_ONLY.wav however doesn't work, checking the IR LED with a camera shows no activity with that wav file. However, opening IN_START.wav makes the IR LED flash.

Any ideas?

Re: LG 55EG910V OLED TV clicking

disconnect the wifi module, see what that does.

Comment

No luck.. :/

Same happens. I tried a serial-usb board connected to the TV's service output, but it only gives me trash information (boxes, questionmarks) on every baud rates..

Could this be some kind of "protection mode"?
      Or maybe the motherboard is dead? And if so, what can go bad on it?

Comment

Here are some of the TCON test pattern colors however, so you can see, that the screen and TCON seems to be perfect. Also, since it turns on to play this little test pattern, it means that the PSU should be fine, am I right?
        Attached Files

Comment

you have main boards issue.. disconnect yours T-CON and panel from system complete ( LVDS should be disconnected too ) by pass the PSU to turn on Power On Only ( no DRV_ON at this moment ) then feed the MB 12V and follow it if its dropped down . same way of test do it for 24V line on main boards...
          BTW yours reflow of the main ic could be did some things wrong too... need to rework BGA to be sure you are at the correct way.

Comment

+12V is not dropping, it stays at 11.9 - 12.0V.
            +24 is also stable.

CPU gets quite hot to the touch, literally burning my fingers.

I did multiple BGA reflows before and I never had any problems afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by dominik0801 View Post
              +12V is not dropping, it stays at 11.9 - 12.0V.
              +24 is also stable.

CPU gets quite hot to the touch, literally burning my fingers.

I did multiple BGA reflows before and I never had any problems afterwards.
              at which test its so hot 12 or 24 V test? it cant be both.. let please your answer absolute sure.

this test mean no 3.5V goes to main boards . just to clarify

Comment

Hi, i got a LG 55eg9109, which is quite similar to 910V i think, with same behavior. No picture , no sound and after 3 relais clicks the PSU is on. I can measure 12v,24v,3,5v but at drv on 0V. With Jumper i got test patterns in different colors and no Pixel issues.
                With MB connected i got no Light at Optical audio. I measured some voltages at the MB and i would say the regulators are ok. Why the MB doesnt set drv_on on? Can someone give me a hint pls

Comment

first thing i check whenever i get click click click is the solder joints on powerboard, might not be the problem but easy enough to check.

Comment

Originally posted by SaiBot187 View Post
                    Hi, i got a LG 55eg9109, which is quite similar to 910V i think, with same behavior. No picture , no sound and after 3 relais clicks the PSU is on. I can measure 12v,24v,3,5v but at drv on 0V. With Jumper i got test patterns in different colors and no Pixel issues.
                    With MB connected i got no Light at Optical audio. I measured some voltages at the MB and i would say the regulators are ok. Why the MB doesnt set drv_on on? Can someone give me a hint pls
                    if the test was fine at stand alone test T-CON and panel.... try to power on only with Service remote see if the the optic come on or not.

Comment

Hi, i got a LG 55eg9109,Why the MB doesnt set drv_on on? Can someone give me a hint pls
                      Edid: this set are knowing too its goes to sleep mode. so no drv_on goes to PCB.

plug air mouse or any USB 2 mouse and other USB stick with with any movie file of mpeg after you plug them... turn on and keep move the mouse and click it... see if it will come on.

Comment

I tested usb mouse and stick with mp4 file but No reaction of the tv.
                        Then tested power only mode but i would say its exact same behavior. No optical light...

Comment

I tested usb mouse and stick with mp4 file but No reaction of the tv.
                          Then tested power only mode but i would say its exact same behavior. No optical light...
                          upload clear focused high resolution photo of your mainboards. check if you can see micro switch on it MICOM reset. if it exist need to press it keep press and plug it in to reset micom chip

also if it response to RC on off. try send within service RC IN_STOP followed with code 0 4 1 3 to make hard reset.
                          Last edited by Diah; 03-20-2022, 11:51 AM.

Comment

I tried IN_STOP followed by 0413 with LG service remote app on a samsung S6 but TV does nothing. On MB i cant find any switches. Is there anoter way to reset MICOM? Do you think i should try resolder MB or is it useless?
                            Attached Files

Comment

I tried IN_STOP followed by 0413 with LG service remote app on a samsung S6 but TV does nothing. On MB i cant find any switches. Is there anoter way to reset MICOM? Do you think i should try resolder MB or is it useless?
                              Here are two pads for buttons that are not on the board.
                              You need to know exactly which one is responsible for the reset.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Okay and the reset only press in standby or while i switch tv on?

Comment

Okay and the reset only press in standby or while i switch tv on?
                                  SW3000 are micom reset.. but yours MB design ignore this function as you have only 1 LVDS not double.

disconnect this LVDS and turn on see the optical if it come on... you can plug USB or mouse to see if the mouse IR LED turn red. we need toknow if the 5V exsisit or not

Comment

I checked some voltages with help of circuit diagram and it seems all fine... whats wrong with this tv. xD I got 3.3V, 1.1V, 5V, 12V,24V at MB but it doesnt want to set DRV_On.
                                    i also got 3.3V at the optic jack but no red light??

Comment

I can measure 5V at USB 1/2 and while Power on TV my USB stick lights up but then nothing, no reading. USB Mouse do nothing, no light

Comment

do the test above i asked you please.. MICOM didnt send drv_on we will know why after the test.

Comment

Working...
                                        X