Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WD My Cloud PR4100 OS5 rsyncd wont automatically restart anymore

Here it goes my rant:
    So... I had my WD PR4100 sitting on auto update... I should have known better. Do NOT upgrade to OS5!
    Anyway... the NAS updated from OS3 to OS5. There are a few goodies in OS5, but also tons of stuff is broken too. Like my RSYNC server I had running.
    In OS3 running and auto starting the RSYNC daemon is no problem, but in OS5 it only works in manual mode. That means each time the box reboots, I have to SSH into the NAS and start the RSYNC daemon. Problem is that the new OS5 wont auto start anything and it seems the OS is protected. So, if I do a change in a file, next reboot the file returned to stock.

No, the NAS does not "downgrade" to OS3 cording to WD and I've tried it and it didn't.

Hmm... well... Does anyone have a WD PR4100 with the OS3 running and can make a firmware dump from the flash, or help me to auto start the rsync daemon again in OS5, would be awesome.
    Supposedly one can force an upgrade or downgrade when the NAS is started in Safe Mode, but how do you do that, besides by trashing the OS somehow?

Re: WD My Cloud PR4100 OS5 rsyncd wont automatically restart anymore

Apple is the devil!

Comment

Working...
    X