Samsung UE55H6200 no back light after powering off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UE55H6200 no back light after powering off

Is anyone able to help diagnose the issue I am having with this Samsung TV.

The TV works absolutely fine but when it's powered off then back on there's no back light (led) but you can hear audio in the background and volume button etc. Still works. If you then leave the TV off over night and power it on it works again and again when powering off then back on no backlight.

TV has been updated to the latest firmware and has been factory reset multiple time and has no effect.

Can anyone one help? If I need to change a board then that's something I can do.

Thank you in advance

Re: Samsung UE55H6200 no back light after powering off

Backlight issues are almost always bad backlights. Turn down the backlight level on all inputs to as low as you can tolerate and turn off eco sensor. If you display a white test image, you may see dark areas where the LEDs have burnt out. You likely have one intermittent LED in the string going open as it heats up.
    Last edited by neilc6; 11-22-2020, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. The TV will operate perfectly hours on end and the leds are really bright, it's only when it's powered off when back on you get this issue. Is as if the capacitors drain then the TV works again? I will conduct the test to see what's displayed as soon as I can. Thank you
      Last edited by Nix125; 11-22-2020, 02:11 AM.

Comment

This is what your backlights will look like if you run them at max. Both of these examples are Samsungs from H model year. The bad leds on the 58 inch damages the power supply preventing more leds from failing.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by neilc6; 11-22-2020, 02:22 AM.

Comment

When disconnecting the motherboard from the power supply you can see the LEDs light up through the holes when powering up. Is it possible for me to strip the tv down to the LEDs then power up with out the motherboard connected to test if any are out? Obviously been careful.

Thank you
          Last edited by Nix125; 11-22-2020, 10:11 AM.

Comment

I've just had time to remove the TV's back cover. When powering on for the first time 3 leds light up but when powering on/off/on only 2 leds light up on the T Con board.
            I can also confirm that all of the back panel leds are all working.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Nix125; 12-13-2020, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X