Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Insignia NS-48D510NA15 no backlight

Originally posted by budm View Post
    I use the strip for under counter lights.
    Good call. It'd be a snap to build a basic power supply and shazam!
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

If you want to isolate the failed LED, you can use a multimeter in diode test mode. If there are no test points, scrape the soldermask beside each LED.

Comment

Newbie here. I also have the Insignia NS-48D510NA15 with no backlight. I was able to take it apart and used two 9V batteries in succession to test each strip. One strip appears to be bad, as I could not get it to light up. Should I assume when one strip is bad, none will light up? If so, should I replace the one bad strip or all of them? Thanks for any help. As I said, I am a newbie with TV's, so any help would be appreciated.

Comment

All the LEDs have wear and the ones still working are likely to fail. If you don't want a repeat failure, replace all of them with new and turn down the backlight level.

Comment

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
            All the LEDs have wear and the ones still working are likely to fail. If you don't want a repeat failure, replace all of them with new and turn down the backlight level.
            Thanks for the reply. Where is the best place to buy the LED's? How do you turn down the backlight level? Thanks for your help.

Comment

Ordered these recently. They were a little bit thinner than the original strips so just taped them down with shipping tape. You can turn down the backlight in the picture settings menu. I would also turn off the ambient light sensor.

https://ebay.us/9AkX9X

Comment

Working...
              X