Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Benq 17" Q7T3 fix

Originally posted by davmax
    Some have asked for PCB photos. Well I have just fixed and modified another monitor and taken photos.

This monitor was received with a damaged ribbon connector. This is usually because the release mechanism is not understood. To release the ribbon cable lift /rotate the black locking bar outward from the centre of the top edge. Do not force.

Update: My PCB board matches this one exactly. So I have the same model as the one here. Whats the full model number of this screen?

Comment

Re: Fix for Benq FP737s 17" (Q7T3)

hy i have the same problem ..... with the Benq FP737s 17" i dont have any lights but if you look closer at the monitor you can see the desktop

sorry for the post, please help me what i have to do ... ?
      (sory for my english im romanian)\

Thx,

Comment

Originally posted by LETSOC
        hy i have the same problem ..... with the Benq FP737s 17" i dont have any lights but if you look closer at the monitor you can see the desktop

sorry for the post, please help me what i have to do ... ?
        (sory for my english im romanian)\

Thx,
        Either you have a transistor problem or the backlights have burnt out.

If your backlights are burnt out, consider buying a new monitor if the 2SC5707 transistors are still good.
        My gaming PC:
        AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition 3.3GHz Six-Core CPU (Socket AM3)
        ASUS M4A77TD AMD 770 AM3 Motherboard
        PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB GDDR5 PCI-Express x16 3.0 Graphics Card
        G.SKILL Value Series 16GB DDR3-1333 RAM (4x4GB dual channel)
        TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD (x2)
        WD Caviar Green WD20EARX 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD
        ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 Channel PCI sound card
        Antec HCG-750M 750W ATX12V v2.32 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply
        Antec Three Hundred Mid-Tower Case
        Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
        Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Comment

thank for the info my monitor is now back up and running

Comment

i had a similar problem i just re-soldered all of the joints near all of the transistors and near where all of the connections are to the screen (back light) and followed them back and just removed all the old solider and added fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by davmax
              It is not a good idea to have a 3A slow blow fuse "not recommended if it is to protect the transistors". A fast fuse may save the transistors.

agentsmithitaly

I suspect blown transistors again.
              1. Make sure that all the inverter transformer connections are resoldered
              2. Use a fast 3A fuse
              3. Check the MOSFET in each circuit Q751 & Q743 (FU9024N) they should not read a short circuit.

http://www.lcdrepair.us/fu9024n.html

See my experiences earlier in the thread. These transistors are not well protected by the circuit design. I modified the circuit and the monitor is very well protected.
              Hello,

I help coordinate Free Geek, which is a non-profit computer recycler and education centre. We see tonnes of equipment come through our doors monthly. Lately we have seen an increase in LCD's.

Many of these LCD's for recycling we can bring back to life. We have seen our fair share of the Benq/Dell nasties. Our past repairs have worked well(replacing C5707 and fuse), however lately we have been having a lot of come backs.

Presently we sit on 15-20 Dell/Benq type LCDs with the Q7T3. I wouldnt mind folks opinions on the best way to move forward. I would especially like to hear from Davmax, after reading all the effort you have put into this. Should we do the mod job you worked out, or stick to replacing C5707 and fuses with a re-soldered inverter transformer connections(which we have done in the past but only on one or two of the repairs.)

The last 10 repairs we have done came back. We had just replaced the two C5707 and the fuse, there was no re-soldering of the inverter transformer. Was this the cause of the blown C5707 again?

We have a big job ahead of us, and don't want anymore come backs. Suggestions or comments welcome!

--
              David

http://freegeekvancouver.org

Comment

these units have lots of solder joint issues.
                mostly at the transformers but can be anywhere on the psu/inverter.
                look closely for ringcracks and pads showing bare copper where the solder did not flow out properly.
                these are a job for your geeks with good vision and a good magnifier lamp.

Comment

I wear my red green 3D goggles.
                  The board looks all purple.
                  Jim

Comment

I have recently discovered that a slight change in my current limit modification is required to better cover variations in the BC640 transistor.

The latest mod diagram is attached together with the parts list.
                    Note the current sense resistor can be one 0.082 1% resistor or the first two resistors in the parts in the parts list.

I will post the new component layout tomorrow.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by davmax; 10-14-2008, 03:48 AM.
                    Gigabyte EP45-DS3L Ultra Reliable (Power saver)
                    Intel E8400 (3000Mhz) Bios temps. 4096Mb 800Mhz DDR2 Corsair XMS2 4-4-4-12
                    160Gb WD SATAII Server grade
                    Nvidia 8500GT 256Mb
                    160Gb WD eSATAII Server grade for backup.
                    Samsung 18x DVD writer
                    Pioneer 16x DVD writer + 6x Dual layer
                    33 way card reader
                    Windows XP Pro SP3
                    Thermaltake Matrix case with 430W Silent Power
                    17" Benq FP737s LCD monitor
                    HP Officejet Pro K5300 with refillable tanks

Comment

The new layout detail is attached. Note the original value for R767 of 2.2k need not be changed to 680. See circuit diagram.

To Freegeekvan

If you do the current limit mod you will not blow the transistors again. If for some reason the current limit is exceeded the controller chip will lock out drive to the MOSFET transistors suppling each inverter. It can be reset by power removal or loss of video signal.
                      Attached Files
                      Nvidia 8500GT 256Mb
                      Samsung 18x DVD writer
                      33 way card reader
                      Windows XP Pro SP3

Comment

I've got all the components to try this except the FU 9024n,
                        which is only a couple bucks.
                        When I get time I'll pull this board again to give it a try.
                        I had already tried your first idea adding limitting resistors with success until I reasembled the monitor and it was dead again.
                        That leads me back to the possability of the transformer solder joint leg issue.
                        Thanks for putting a lot of work on that.
                        If I have your mod working cool and bright I'll certainly post back again.
                        Jim

Comment

Jim,

If you following the latest small change to the mod you should have great success. Just a matter of connecting it all correctly and cutting the right tracks.

I found it more convenient to use one 0.082 resistor for the current sensing than the two in parrallel (0.1 and 0.56).

The original circuit with a 2.7K resistor in parallel with the 1uF cap (now 270) tended to trip easily making it appear that there is a monitor problem.

Yes make sure of those soldered joints.
                          Nvidia 8500GT 256Mb
                          Samsung 18x DVD writer
                          33 way card reader
                          Windows XP Pro SP3

Comment

I want to ask you same question.I have LCD Monitor Benq , But in the electric bus the element Q 805 is burned and I can't to read what is the element and change it. If you cant saw me this information I will be very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by pecolt
                              I want to ask you same question.I have LCD Monitor Benq , But in the electric bus the element Q 805 is burned and I can't to read what is the element and change it. If you cant saw me this information I will be very happy.
                              I have searched the circuits of the FP737s and there is no Q805. This is a problem. Please check again.

davmax
                              Nvidia 8500GT 256Mb
                              Samsung 18x DVD writer
                              33 way card reader
                              Windows XP Pro SP3

Comment

I believe you are working on a Q7T4. I put up a different thread here:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...6397#post56397

It contains a picture of the part placed at Q805, plus some other information.

Comment

So Q805 is FU9024N in Q7T4. Thanks Freegeekvan
                                  Nvidia 8500GT 256Mb
                                  Samsung 18x DVD writer
                                  33 way card reader
                                  Windows XP Pro SP3

Comment

Thank for that information. I'm so glad.
                                    I have some question. I have one TV monitor "REFLEXTION" 22inc. model TDD2200 with DVD player integrate. Can send me some all electric bus because there have many burned elements who I cant"t read.

Comment

Thank for that information. I'm so glad.
                                      I have some question. I have one LCD TV monitor "REFLEXTION" 22inch model TDD2200 with DVD player integrate. Can send me some all electric bus because there have many burned elements who I can't read.

Comment

Comment

I forgot to advise that if the FU9024N (Q805) is burned up this is unusual and will most likely mean other components have failed. Normally the correct micro fuse would prevent this problem. I wonder if someone used an incorrect replacement fuse!!!

Nvidia 8500GT 256Mb
                                          Samsung 18x DVD writer
                                          33 way card reader
                                          Windows XP Pro SP3

Comment

Working...
                                          X