Richi_el

City & State: Germany
My Country: Koln
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Default Re: EXC3188-FG31 Touch Controller Eegalaxy

Hello,
i have some updates in this case:

I got a mail from the service of eeti and they told me :

EXC3188 is a PCAP (Projective Capacitive) touch control IC, it can only works properly with corresponding firmware.
For different project, it needs individual firmware, not be able to mix between projects, also there is NO common firmware for PCAP touch IC.
So, unless you have the original corresponding firmware with the device you are trying to fix, or it will not work correctly anyway.We are not be able to help you on this, you need to contact to the original supplier of those devices.

The firmware is written into the IC. The datasheet can only to be provided with valid NDA.

So i asked them for reflash/write the EXC3188-FG31 with the original file readed/downloaded from a working device.

I am not sure if the IC can be re-flashed with the way you mentioned, or it will cause any damage.Normally our customers can only use software tool which was attached within the firmware package after the IC connects to the Host.

My question now is:
Is it possible to download/ read out the data from a working device and wich software and cable i need for this?

I uploaded the picture of the connector board wich is wired by usb to the pcb of the device. On that board i can see some connection points wich can be usefull but i never programmed a IC like this before.

I programmed EMMC and ..... but i dont have any idea how i can read out this ic and write back......

Thanks for help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eeti.jpg (1.15 MB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg eeti2.jpg (721.3 KB, 5 views)
Richi_el is offline   Reply With Quote