Thermal Cutoff/Fuse ID -Surge Protector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermal Cutoff/Fuse ID -Surge Protector

According to This PDF Its rated 109c functioning and 103c holding but all I can find is 109c functioning and 83c (10A) / 88c (15A) holding or 128c functioning and 103c holding.

It is labeled D108 PPqH

Should I try and match the functioning temp or the holding temp?

The protector is 6 outlets rated at 15A. That PDF shows 25A @ 240v but say 5 LRA @ 120V. I can only find 10A and 15A versions.

Thanks for any help
    Attached Files

Re: Thermal Cutoff/Fuse ID -Surge Protector

I would probably go with this one

“ I can find is 109c functioning and 83c (10A) / 88c (15A) holding”

This will mean probably that it will trip sooner than the original one did but this might be better in the long run
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

I would match the fusing temperature 109°C. This is a power strip so it is supposed to prevent fire when the MOV's overheat.

If it was a food cooker that goes unsafe just above boiling temperature I would also be wanting the holding temp to be a match as well so it doesn't pop when cooking normally. But as you found, most TCO out there are not like the data you found German made. Thermal cutoffs are typically about a 30°C difference between normal operating and unsafe temperature.
        You can buy MOV's that have the thermal fuse built in, like Littelfuse TMOV but they are a lot thicker. The TCO will be coupled to the MOV's with Kapton tape or a braided sleeve, so a hot MOV=hot TCO.

Comment

109C functioning: meaning that fuse will be blown up/disconnected after reaching 109C under minute or 30s or less.

103C holding: meaning the fuse would hold @103C 168Hours* without any load. (holding temp meaning max temp which fuse never break @0 Amp)

83c (10A): meaning the fuse can hold at 83C with 10A current load.

use resistive load, because outlets always in resistive load rating.

*designed product by Elmwood.

Use same spec 109C functioning temp. the hold temp can be vary because the specification criteria is made by manufacture and can be vary from one to another as same as capacitor manufacture write max ripple rating, but as long as the functioning temp is match, you are good to go.

Edit: and current rating must be match as the original parts.

Comment

Working...
          X