Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Software to analyze Video RAM faults on graphics cards?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Software to analyze Video RAM faults on graphics cards?

Originally posted by frazerxavier View Post
    I have tried this one and all the tools work like charm except for windows 10 4 test. did you get this one working? When i click on the windows 10 for test it throw's an error so if i click on Enter or F8 does not do anything and shows the same error page again. Is there a change in the bios setting that is required? i watched the video available and saw that he selects the IGPU from the BIOS settings and i have that selected but seams like it does not make a difference for me even if i have no graphic card installed. If i install new version of windows in the partition for windows 10 it changes the config file and the grub is lost. So i have to restore the 1.pmf to get the grub menu back again but i loose the window 10 boot again. Currently i have windows 10 installed on a separate drive and use this for testing. My current setup is RAM testing tools on one drive and windows 10 on a different drive. Can anyone shed some light if you have tried this new version and got windows 10 to work from the grub menu.
    It didn't work for me either, would be nice if it did but I haven't tried to get it working yet.

Comment

You have to use easy bcd and delete the current windows 10 entry from the first partition, then reassign it.

Comment

Managed to get this working with win10 on a 150g M2 SSD

I reinstalled win10, had to copy bootmgr from win10 recovery to c: and also had to run a bootrec /rebuildbcd

Happy days

Comment

Originally posted by Bozog View Post

I reinstalled win10, had to copy bootmgr from win10 recovery to c: and also had to run a bootrec /rebuildbcd

Happy days
          Wow nice. Let me try this and will let you know today.

Comment

Happy days
            Thanks Bozog!! I got it fixed too.

For those who are stuck with the same error below is what I did.
            I used a windows 10 installation USB and booted from the installation USB. I then selected "Repair" instead of install. Then i clicked on troubleshoot and selected command prompt. Use the below command as is in command prompt
            BCDBOOT E:\windows then hit enter. i received a message Boot file successfully created. then closed command prompt and clicked continue. This rebooted my test bench and loaded in the grub menu. Now when i clicked windows for test and it started windows 10, it started windows repair and completed it successfully. Works smoothly now.
            Last edited by frazerxavier; 01-24-2022, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by frazerxavier View Post
              Thanks Bozog!! I got it fixed too.

For those who are stuck with the same error below is what I did.
              I used a windows 10 installation USB and booted from the installation USB. I then selected "Repair" instead of install. Then i clicked on troubleshoot and selected command prompt. Use the below command as is in command prompt
              BCDBOOT E:\windows then hit enter. i received a message Boot file successfully created. then closed command prompt and clicked continue. This rebooted my test bench and loaded in the grub menu. Now when i clicked windows for test and it started windows 10, it started windows repair and completed it successfully. Works smoothly now.
              Nice one

Comment

trying to do the test on higher frequencies u have to navigate to the folder that tserver runs from but im not sure exactly how to do it any help would be appreciated. the code is below

./agt -mem=1000
                Then
                ./tserver -boardtest=memfa

Comment

Obviously card type dependant, but I think its "cd /home/570"

If not you can type "cat 570" to see which directory the script changes to

Comment

thanks i will give it a try

Comment

Hi, I downloaded the files but the extension is .pmf not rar, if I change the extension and try to run winrar I get the message, the arhive is corrupt. I did something wrong when I dowloaded the files?

Comment

Originally posted by ArchangelGabriel View Post
                        Hi, I downloaded the files but the extension is .pmf not rar, if I change the extension and try to run winrar I get the message, the arhive is corrupt. I did something wrong when I dowloaded the files?
                        you don't need to convert the file extension. download diskgenius from the diskgenius website. just enter the keyword "diskgenius" in google and the first result is the correct one. .pmf is a partition format and readable with diskgenius. Download and install the application. with diskgenius you need to restore the partition file which are the .pmf files. Along with the folders you have downloaded from Bozog's torrent link, there is a video and a pdf file which demonstrates how to go about creating your disk. Its in Mandarin(Chinese) but its easy to follow just by watching at what the guys does. If you still find it difficult just post here. i will find a way to create a document with instructions.
                        Last edited by frazerxavier; 02-01-2022, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Thank you, i will do that, will keep you informed!

Comment

couldn't get that working got to the home directory but no 570 dir was there and the cat 570 command wouldn't work

Comment

No cat 570 won't work after you've changed to the home directory, try one of these:
                              cd /mods/580
                              cd /mods/rx570
                              Attached Files

Comment

So what did you use to download JDownloader??

Seriously though, mine stalled at 8.8gb. So I started to download JDownloader, as I installed it the download started again lol.

Comment

Can I test AMD HD6xxx cards with tserver?

Comment

Originally posted by Traptor View Post
                                    Can I test AMD HD6xxx cards with tserver?
                                    I got a suggestion: dmgg.py
                                    This is a python script which is good for testing AMD card memory.

https://aperturescience.ru/threads/r...ti-amd.450942/

Comment

how i test gtx vram laptop in program mods(mats)

Comment

Originally posted by aysat View Post
                                        kings_overkill

please help me.
                                        Incorrect password

Comment

hello,
                                          after booting in legacy the menu appears,
                                          and when I want to test AMD rx4xx/rx5xx it gives me an error.

error 13 invalid or unsupported executable format
                                          press any key to continue

has anyone else encountered this problem?

Comment

Working...
                                          X