Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

Originally posted by newbie_unlocker View Post
    hi everyone, ok I need some help so here goes..I have a hp 850 g1 which has an administrator password and just below that in the bios there are two more users. I have bought a ch341a and I also have the hp unlock.exe..i have desoldered the larger of the two chips that are on the board. I think I may have bought the wrong sop8 chip socket as attached because it's the 150mil version but my bios chip doesn't seem to fit in it causing my ch341a to produce ff and ffff when trying to detec. do I need the 200mil? also the chip I have is 25q128a 13eco 99chn 42005 and is 8 pin what is the more reliable software that will have this chip number in its database that actually works or confirmed working with a hp 850 g1? I have about 300 of these laptops to work on.
    yes you need 200 mil, and use one of these two software.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...6&postcount=10

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...04&postcount=7
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
      thank you very much @peste for the information very much appreciated

Comment

Hello,

Would you be kindly unlock this BIOS file from a HP 1040 G2?
        BIOS chip is a Winbond W25Q128FV.

For some reason I also get a "Failed to execute script Unlocker" error when attempting to unlock the bin file. Thank you so much for your help
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Seattle2021 View Post
          Hello,

Would you be kindly unlock this BIOS file from a HP 1040 G2?
          BIOS chip is a Winbond W25Q128FV.

For some reason I also get a "Failed to execute script Unlocker" error when attempting to unlock the bin file. Thank you so much for your help
          try...
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi, archive is corrupted, all HP Unlocker files from Maziff ??

Comment

Originally posted by Viederland View Post
              Hi, archive is corrupted, all HP Unlocker files from Maziff ??
              No, it's not. Use 7-Zip.
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
              Become a Badcaps supporter
              >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
              Thanks to all supporters.​
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                Yes, 840G3 goes to the "new" category.
                Use uefitool NE alpha 56. There will be EfiSystemNvDataFvGuid under BIOS region. There you will find VSS2 store.

Since 840G3 needs soldering to read/write, I still think there might have been a problem with your soldering.

And when you use dumps from other people and there is no display right away, you need to wait 15 seconds or maybe up to a minute. Dirty ME region causes this wait time.
                Is there any solution to decrease the wait time ?
                I have the same problem
                and what is the VSS2
                with editing this section can I remove the password from hp zbook bios

Comment

Originally posted by smiley60 View Post
                  Is there any solution to decrease the wait time ?
                  Yes, to clean ME Firmware.

Comment

Excellent Ghamidi, I will report back as soon as I have received the new BIOS chip and burn to it. Much appreciated.

Comment

hi everyone, can someone make me a clean new bios for my hp 850 g1.

I have attached the serial number and a short video of my issue.

I do not have a valid copy of my original dump so hopefully someone can post back with a new bios bin file I can flash back into this bios chip. 🙏
                      Attached Files

Comment

unable to upload the video but basically all lights blink every 2 seconds

Comment

this is the serial number and part number detected using the hp manufacturing software for my hp elitebook 850 g1

serial number is 5CG44240HY
                          part number is GS267UP

if someone can help me with a new bios file that i can flash back to my bios that would be amazing and very much appreciated.

i have taken the chip 25aq128a eco13 off the motherboard no problem and i plan to erase, confirm erase and then flash the new bios once i have it.

initially the laptop had administrator password which was unknown and the guy who has it before me corrupted the bios with a bad flash and did not keep good dumps of the old bios so now i have no bios to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie_unlocker View Post
                            this is the serial number and part number detected using the hp manufacturing software for my hp elitebook 850 g1

initially the laptop had administrator password which was unknown and the guy who has it before me corrupted the bios with a bad flash and did not keep good dumps of the old bios so now i have no bios to work with.
                            Use the forum search ,look for a 850 G1 with clean ME firmware, flash it ,then use HP BCU/Wndmifit to enter the DMI information.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ghlight=850+g1

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69204
                            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                              Use the forum search ,look for a 850 G1 with clean ME firmware, flash it ,then use HP BCU/Wndmifit to enter the DMI information.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ghlight=850+g1

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69204
                              thank you ive flashed the cleanme file and verified, so do i just run bcu and make a usb flash drive with the manufactures up bios image??

Comment

@peste @SMDFlea would any be able to help with the hp elitebook 850 g1 ?

firstly I do not have any backups of my dump bin file because I had no choice but to flash a cleanme bin file and the laptop boots fine apart from the mud data is not valid while mpm is locked.

I do not know how to get rid of this error message but at least I am now making progress can anyone assist with step by step what to do now?

thank you in advance.
                                Attached Files

Comment

I have an 8570w with, apparently, a write protected BIOS and password.
                                  It appears that the only way to reset the BIOS is by desoldering the BIOS chip from the motherboard, reprogramming it and then resoldering it ?

Comment

Originally posted by bob357 View Post
                                    I have an 8570w with, apparently, a write protected BIOS and password.
                                    It appears that the only way to reset the BIOS is by desoldering the BIOS chip from the motherboard, reprogramming it and then resoldering it ?
                                    Absolutely, quite right.

Comment

Hi, do you know if you need to unlock both BIOS on a 1040 G2? I am not getting any display and flashing Cap and Scroll keys when I only unlocked the 25q128fvsq BIOS chip. Thank you for all your time and support.

Comment

Originally posted by Seattle2021 View Post
                                        Hi, do you know if you need to unlock both BIOS on a 1040 G2? I am not getting any display and flashing Cap and Scroll keys when I only unlocked the 25q128fvsq BIOS chip. Thank you for all your time and support.
                                        post backups of both bios chips.
                                        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

tnxxxxx

Comment

Working...
                                          X