Sony KDL50EX645 Six Blink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KDL50EX645 Six Blink

This set just quit working. No Flash, no noise, no warning signs. Three years old. Here are pictures of whole set and each respective board. Green LED will come on with both remote and push button, but after 30 seconds goes off and Red LED goes back to six blinks. No back light from what I can see. Any suggestions on points to test voltage or otherwise are greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: Sony KDL50EX645 Six Blink

Better Picture of SMPS
    Attached Files

Comment

Is your TV connected to the Internet?

Comment

Not at the moment.

Comment

It has no backlight..no display

Comment

From what I understand, i cannot do the firmware update unless the display is working.

Comment

I have the file from Sony support

Comment

Yeah it, i know that sony updated some of their range recently and it corrupted the TV. But this wouldn't have applied to you if it wasn't connected to the net.

Comment

It may have been connected. I bought it as a dead set. Customer had called Sony and they told him it sounded like the SMPS..where is info about the possible corruption?

Comment

info came from my local Sony centre.

Comment

Reset code using 10 sec on..unplug for 15 sec..plug in and turn on using PB switch..Solid green then three green blinks for about 30 seconds...then back to six blinks. Measured pins labeled UNREG 24 Volts leading to inverter when light is green..only getting 1.59 volts. Tried this with inverter plugged in and unplugged..same result so I am reasonably sure the inverter is not dragging it down. I read on a forum that there is a known design defect in the 24 volt transformer section of this board.

Comment

Did you verify the main board is sending a power on command? The 24V will measure low if the main board does not send that command.
                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I did not do that Tom. Let me see if I can figure out which terminal gets the "on" command. I will check it!

Thanks!

Comment

Hello,

I had one of these come through my shop recently. The issue was a smd resistor on the back side of the power supply. I'll look through my notes later today to find the exact location. Otherwise there is a repair service on eBay for this issue as well.

Comment

I verified that I have 3.3V SB, 3.3V @ POWER_ON, 12V on the two pins labeled REG12V, and 3V@T-CON-ON
                              This is for the 20 sec or so before it defaults back to six blinks with green LED on. Then all goes to 0V.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thank You nicholas! Yes I saw it they say they burn it in an actual set for 12hours after repairs..Includes shipping both ways for a mere $85. They say they also know of a design defect in the board and remedy it.

Comment

Hi, just looked through my notes. I replaced smd resistor r602d on the backside of the power su

Comment

Also it read open when tested fyi

Comment

r602d is part of the series sensing resistors (A~D, sensing the Boosted PFC Voltage(>360vdc)), very high resistance resistors feeding IC601.
                                      http://assets.shopjimmy.com/media/ca...-11-bottom.jpg

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-1-895-...e50-board.htm#
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by budm; 05-17-2015, 10:33 PM.
                                      Never stop learning
                                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Just got repaired smps back from Sony service agent. They charged me $85 including Priority Mail return shipping. After close inspection here is what I found that was done:

Replaced R602 A-D
                                        Replaced IC601
                                        Replaced IC303
                                        Replaced D305
                                        Replaced ZD306

Works like a champ.

Thanks
                                        LJ
                                        Last edited by ljintexas; 05-25-2015, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X