Mosfets for P600W24V Smps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mosfets for P600W24V Smps

Hi, I have a 24v 600w SMPS from a cnc/engraver machine. It has stopped working, No power from the supply. I opened it up and found the main rectifier, 2 mosfets, and 2 current sence resisters all blown. I can find the bridge rectifier and resistors but not the mosfets. They have the number 600R160 on them but i searched everywhere on internet but unable to find any datasheet or info to get equivalent. The only reference I can find to 600R160 is for resetable fuses. Can anyone advise me as to what a replacement might be. I have attached photos if its any help. Thanks in advance for any info.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-20-2021, 06:53 AM. Reason: P600W24V

Re: Mosfets for Smps

This is something that need to brought in this post because this brand of power supply are found for a lot of engraving and 3D printers so if you are having this issue already this might start popping more often

Thank you for posting this issue with your switching power supply for your machine

Because I have this same exact brand on my 3D printer but I have recap mine already

I do not recognize the ic manufacturer logo on this device but I suspect that it is priority in nature and you might not find a replacement for it unless you can find another circuit diagram that is very similar to the circuit board design that you have in this switching power supply board

You might be better off buying a mean well brand switching power supply and try to buy one that has a higher current capacity than the one you have or at least the same current capability

If you can not find one and you have to buy the same brand again recap the switching power supply board with name brand capacitors so you can avoid failure like this in the future before you even plug it in for the first time

But if mine has a failure like this I already have found a replacement for it and I am posting a website link to it

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16409247129...53.m1438.l2649

Yes they are a little pricey in nature ( for even a new one ) that is why I have this item in my wish list

You can find these switching power supply on the internet and should be easily found
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 11-20-2021, 06:56 AM.
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Re: Mosfets for P600W24V Smps

The manufacturer of IC is "Wu Xi China Resources Huajing".
      It seems to be hard to find on the internet. Source:

http://www.ecadata.de/herst/myshowlogo.php?F_SPRACHE=2

Can you measure the size of the mosfet?

I am not sure if they are mosfet, because the part number does not match other mosfet part numbers from that company. They use "N" between the numbers instead of "R".

If those are mosfet they are probably 600V 16A. Maybe you can replace with one with the same or greater parameters and check if its work.

An example: STW25NM60ND

Comment

Originally posted by victorcas View Post
        The manufacturer of IC is "Wu Xi China Resources Huajing".
        It seems to be hard to find on the internet. Source:

http://www.ecadata.de/herst/myshowlogo.php?F_SPRACHE=2

Can you measure the size of the mosfet?

I am not sure if they are mosfet, because the part number does not match other mosfet part numbers from that company. They use "N" between the numbers instead of "R".

If those are mosfet they are probably 600V 16A. Maybe you can replace with one with the same or greater parameters and check if its work.

An example: STW25NM60ND
        Thank you for identifying the manufacturing logo and the manufacturers logo identification website link I have an older version of this and not all of them are on it
        Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 11-20-2021, 07:25 AM.
        9 PC LCD Monitor
        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
        1 Dell Mother Board
        15 Computer Power Supply

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

Comment

600r160 - hpf600r160pc-g
          Attached Files
          Last edited by lotas; 11-20-2021, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
            600r160 - hpf600r160pc-g
            Thank you for the information here we go again with the manufacturer not putting the complete part number on the devices

REALLY why do they keep doing this short cut
            9 PC LCD Monitor
            6 LCD Flat Screen TV
            1 Dell Mother Board
            15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Thanks to everybody for all the replies and info. I should be ok finding an equivalent now. I have already got a replacement complete supply from the machine manufacturers under warranty but still would like to fix the old one for a spare in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by akc1956 View Post
                Thanks to everybody for all the replies and info. I should be ok finding an equivalent now. I have already got a replacement complete supply from the machine manufacturers under warranty but still would like to fix the old one for a spare in the future.
                I am glad that you got a replacement for the one that was defective and I am with you about trying to fix it
                But I would highly recommend that you recap this board before you really start using the replacement one because they have off brand capacitors and there are know issues with quality of them

If you want a list of good quality brands and what series to use for this switching power supply just post a picture of the capacitors that are in this switching power supply
                Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 11-20-2021, 12:44 PM.
                9 PC LCD Monitor
                6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                1 Dell Mother Board
                15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

I also found a video on YouTube by a crazy Czech guy about a write up and test of 600w 12v Smps which looks almost exactly the same as mine apart from the input filtration. This one has IRPF460A mosfets. I will check these out for similarities to mine I watched a lot of his videos and although a bit crazy he seems to be quite a knowledgeable and entertaining chap. The first photo is mine and second is his.
                  https://youtu.be/DzM3-bnotgQ
                  I also have a couple of bulging caps to replace.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
                    I am glad that you got a replacement for the one that was defective and I am with you about trying to fix it
                    But I would highly recommend that you recap this board before you really start using the replacement one because they have off brand capacitors and there are know issues with quality of them

If you want a list of good quality brands and what series to use for this switching power supply just post a picture of the capacitors that are in this switching power supply
                    Thanks Sam, will get some pics tomorrow. I'm in Thailand so it's 2am here now

Comment

Yes I have seen his videos before and he is a little nutty but I do get a lot out of his videos that I have watch before I do not think I have seen this one though but I am going to watch this one as well
                      9 PC LCD Monitor
                      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                      1 Dell Mother Board
                      15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

There are 3 videos on this one supply: what's inside, full load test and analysis+transformer autopsy. Very interesting.

Comment

Here's the pics of my capacitors. The supply was for a Hictop Idex 3D printer, not CNC/engraver as I originally said.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here’s the pics of my capacitors. The supply was for a Hictop Idex 3D printer, not CNC/engraver as I originally said.

Comment

Here’s the pics of my capacitors. The supply was for a Hictop Idex 3D printer, not CNC/engraver as I originally said.
                              Yes these are non brand name capacitors but if they are the main filtering capacitors they might be alright but if they look swollen in any way do not trust them to be good anymore any capacitor that it’s voltage is less than 100 volts I would highly recommend that you replace them with name brand capacitors if they have a UF value of 100 or less replacing these are very important to be replaced
                              Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 11-21-2021, 04:28 AM.
                              9 PC LCD Monitor
                              6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                              1 Dell Mother Board
                              15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

I also found a video on YouTube by a crazy Czech guy about a write up and test of 600w 12v Smps
                                You dare to disrespect legend? ))

Most chinese smps use surplus component, so let's say they have big surplus of E13009 in China, well they will use E13009 almost in every design of their power supply.. That's why they tends to keep up the lowest price, and actually it helps a lot e-waste

Comment

Working...
                                X