Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung TV UN40f5500afxza Backlight Strips Diodes

Hi,

I have a Samsung TV, Model UN40f5500afxza with burnt out LEDs & Diodes.

Strip Model numbers
    Samsung 2013svs40f L 8 rev 1.9 130212
    Samsung 2013svs40f R 5 rev1.9 130212
    LEDs
    Samsung 3228 3v 1w 350MA, Cool White Light

My problem is I don't know what two diodes to get for the strips, in a good video it was stated they where TVS package SOD323. The Diodes are marked 4E BA, and 2 BA. I have looked up SMD code with no luck. If anyone could please let me know what part numbers or specs for the 12v and 24v marked diodes are, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung TV UN40f5500afxza Backlight Strips Diodes

4e = cmosh-4e I also see the same backlight strips with BB diodes shown instead of BA, This might be a date code as I also see a T marked on the diode
    Last edited by R_J; 06-25-2020, 05:47 PM.

Comment

hey op...check this site out: https://www.shopjimmy.com/shopjimmy-...rk-station.htm

look at the bottom for a list of samsung 3v leds. click each link (3 versions) and compare the back of an led off your strips. pick the ones that matches that pattern.
      Last edited by jostewcrew; 06-25-2020, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the Help,

So the Diode marked 24v is CMOSH-4E 40v 200ma Schottky SOD523? Any ides on what the 12v 2 BA marked diode?

Comment

I think that you are right that are TVS diodes, schottky has no sense here, the writing 24v refers to the missing optional part that can be mounted in those 2 big solder places, so the options are 2, two diodes in series that protects against a peak over 24v (12+12) or one only diode at 24v, so get two smd tvs 12v .... or one big at 24v.... i'm very happy to see how it is made theese bars, now makers noticed how is important to protect leds, this was one of my big suspicions.. please can you confirm if you have bad leds? bye..
          Last edited by Davi.p; 07-02-2020, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Yes I have 3 bad LEDs burnt out. But I still am confused on what diodes to get. I have the tools to do this job, but I am not good at just picking out diodes.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

I would replace all the strips with new. The working LEDs have wear and have a high probability of failing in the future.

Comment

2x12v diodes or 1x24v diode, you must respect polarization.

Comment

Working...
                X