Matsonic MS8308EP Bad Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Matsonic MS8308EP Bad Caps

Yeh just replace them all and be done with it. Update on my board, still going strong while running at 100% cpu load 24/7. Zero problems even under extreme load for all this time. I cant be happier!

Comment

Jordan, do you mean replace them all but don't worry using 1500 or 2200 or different manufacturer's?

I have caps from other boards that I stripped because a few failed. Probably should use from those groups.

Then I have caps from mobos that didn't fail. I think I could put together a set of 12 1500's.

I guess this is what confuses me: I've seen the Matsonic style mobo with all 12 caps ready to spew - that almost seems to be the rule.

I have the exception, one bad one. The top is obviously bulged, however its not leaking yet. Also, for some reason, it seems like the cap that is farthest from the cpu (of those 12) fails the worse. But the other 11 look SO GOOD!!!!!

Of course, all 4 of the G-Luxon 10v 1000uF are fat little pigs.

What is interesting is that the 12 caps are green w/silver stripes and the 4 are black w/silver. Normally gold stripes is low ESR. I wonder if these caps are NOT low ESR???

I was thinking of getting the fastest SP cpu for this board (its the 266) and run it maybe as a PVR. I don't know. or is it too sucky?

Comment

Originally posted by MrCreosote
        Jordan, do you mean replace them all but don't worry using 1500 or 2200 or different manufacturer's?

I have caps from other boards that I stripped because a few failed. Probably should use from those groups.

Then I have caps from mobos that didn't fail. I think I could put together a set of 12 1500's.

I guess this is what confuses me: I've seen the Matsonic style mobo with all 12 caps ready to spew - that almost seems to be the rule.

I have the exception, one bad one. The top is obviously bulged, however its not leaking yet. Also, for some reason, it seems like the cap that is farthest from the cpu (of those 12) fails the worse. But the other 11 look SO GOOD!!!!!

Of course, all 4 of the G-Luxon 10v 1000uF are fat little pigs.

What is interesting is that the 12 caps are green w/silver stripes and the 4 are black w/silver. Normally gold stripes is low ESR. I wonder if these caps are NOT low ESR???

I was thinking of getting the fastest SP cpu for this board (its the 266) and run it maybe as a PVR. I don't know. or is it too sucky?
        Im just saying I would do them all becuase if one fails, the other are likely junk. Just do it and get it done. Try to keep as many the same specs as possible, like me though I couldnt.

They have to be low-esr or the board would probly not work at all.

Do you have some pics?

Comment

I have tried caps that were not low-ESR on a motherboard before and the board would post, but be unstable in Windows. It would show things that would happen in a motherboard with bad caps.
          My gaming PC:
          AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition 3.3GHz Six-Core CPU (Socket AM3)
          ASUS M4A77TD AMD 770 AM3 Motherboard
          PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB GDDR5 PCI-Express x16 3.0 Graphics Card
          G.SKILL Value Series 16GB DDR3-1333 RAM (4x4GB dual channel)
          TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD (x2)
          WD Caviar Green WD20EARX 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD
          ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 Channel PCI sound card
          Antec HCG-750M 750W ATX12V v2.32 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply
          Antec Three Hundred Mid-Tower Case
          Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
          Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Comment

Working...
          X