Jvc EM65FTR 65 No Standby light DEAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jvc EM65FTR 65 No Standby light DEAD

Hi all, I have a very nice 65 jvc tv with good ole component inputs. Its dead as it gets no power, no standby light. I know these tv's have issues with eeproms. Anyways here's some pics I cant find a eeprom for my board # on shopjimmy, kinda weird.
    Attached Files

Re: Jvc EM65FTR 65 No Standby light DEAD

So this is what I need? That is for a vizio tv not a jvc though. I wonder if that would work?

Comment

Nevermind found the right one right here. I'll keep you guys updated.

Comment

See if the main board gets stby voltage first place!

Comment

I just check stby is normal. 19v

Comment

19v Stby? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
              19v Stby? Really?
              The power supply is an always on power supply that supplies 19v to the main board, The main board has the low voltage regulators.

Comment

Originally posted by Super360 View Post
                So this is what I need? That is for a vizio tv not a jvc though. I wonder if that would work?
                Shopjimmy has the correct eeprom for $15.00. If you have any freeze spray, Unplug the tv, Spray (freeze) the ic, wait 10~20 seconds and plug in the tv and see if it will turn on. Some times this trick will work indicating the eeprom is at fault and allows the tv to be checked. If this does not work, it could still be a bad eeprom.

Comment

I don’t think the main IC runs on 19V. There must be a buck converter somewhere then on the main board.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
                    I don’t think the main IC runs on 19V. There must be a buck converter somewhere then on the main board.
                    On the main board, +19 supplies UP18?, which outputs +12v,
                    +19v supplies UP1? which outputs +5VSB. I will find the correct ic numbers, I believe they are up18 & up1
                    Last edited by R_J; 07-12-2021, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Yea kinda weird right 19v standby like wtf where is the 3.3v, 5v, 12v standard.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                        On the main board, +19 supplies UP18?, which outputs +12v,
                        +19v supplies UP1? which outputs +5VSB. I will find the correct ic numbers, I believe they are up18 & up1
                        Yeah RJ, I can't see that on my lil iPad. Next time I am going to buy the big one. Anyway... still same idea here, by checking the buck regulators that down convert the 19V to 5V STBY. If that buck converter is good, then its either the flash or the main CPU. You can try freezing the flash with a can of air upside down, then turn on the TV with the frozen flash IC. After that I would try backing the whole main board and see if that fixes it.

Comment

Not to beat a dead horse, but almost without fail the 5vdc reference/stand by voltage is produced on the power supply board. I’m not familiar with your set but in general, that’s pretty much standard throughout the industry. There maybe a 19v-5.0v regulator on the main board but its possible that 5v is for another purpose. Good luck.

Comment

You need to check these power supplies, they correspond to your board
                            Attached Files

Comment

So I soldered on the eeprom the correct way with the dot facing same direction and now tv is dead not even a red standby light anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Super360 View Post
                                So I soldered on the eeprom the correct way with the dot facing same direction and now tv is dead not even a red standby light anymore.
                                Are you saying you ordered and received a new eeprom? Dot facing same direction? same direction of what? pin 1 is marked on both the ic and the board
                                Last edited by R_J; 07-21-2021, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Yes the one I bought from on shop-jimmy on e-bay. I soldered it in and now no stanby light anymore.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

In all honesty I did accidentally muck up this ribbon connector. I ordered a new board from e-bay 30$.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

If I would have known earlier that this board has an MSD main IC... that's your problem. 9 times out of 10 when I had a main board with the MSD main IC it was bad, not the eeprom.
                                      Looks like there is some questionable (re)soldering work around the MSD IC.

Comment

It's funny with tv repair most of the time its easier to just replace boards then screw with all this mess.

Comment

Working...
                                        X