View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 09:22 AM   #4
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2017
City & State: My Room
My Country: Malta
Line Voltage: 230VAC 50Hz
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 184
Default Re: My Uni-T died... looking for a replacement

Thanks! I'll have a look at those Brymen, never heard of that brand before.

Definitely not worth paying hundreds in my case. Maybe the cost of these Brymen would be the max I'd pay. This is because I don't use the meter on a daily basis.

Originally Posted by Per Hansson View Post
Well the big thing is what you are willing to pay?
The new Brymen BM789 (Or EEVBlog branded Brymen BM786) are very nice meters, more aimed at electricians.
The Brymen BM869 is more for electronics work, both are really cheap for a top brand meter like this.

Otherwise you can sometimes get really great deals on eBay for a bit older test equipment.
Like this Fluke 27 that includes high voltage probes:
However note that I am in no way recommending this specific meter for you unless you have a need for it:
It looks like military surplus and the US military sometimes uses average responding meters (not True RMS)
And they are therefore of limited use outside that niche world.
But Fluke even sells a version of this model to this day, called Fluke 27-II.
If you need the TRMS version it is called 28-II.
DanFen is offline   Reply With Quote