• Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hello, glad to find this forum

Comment

Hi i am Milan from Serbia.

I have master degree in IT technology.

I am new and looking for firmware-s and sharing my database and knowledge with the rest of members.

Hi to all members.

Comment

I am soo, looking for component level repair knowledge.

Hi to all members.

Comment

Hello Everyone!
          I have always tinkered with electronic devices and like to fix things. I am interested in knowing how to determine bad components and replacing them. I want to get better at troubleshooting and repair.

Comment

Hello Everyone!
            I have always tinkered with electronic devices and like to fix things. I am interested in knowing how to determine bad components and replacing them. I want to get better at troubleshooting and repair.

Comment

Greetings, getting back into electronics repair after all these years and this found site. Thank you to the people who facilitate this place and also thanks to the many contributing members.

Comment

Hello, I`m just a newbie, love repair electronics.

Comment

My name is gaoleng and I'm a forum junkie.

Comment

Hi, just here to change corrupted password. Hope i'll be able to access to my profile after this post.

Comment

Hi, i very excited to be part of this community. Thanks

Comment

Hello?

Comment

Hi all, my name is Woody and im 45 years young and live in Yorkshire UK! Ive alsways been mechanically minded and have always had to take everything apart, to see how it works. My recent venture is buying, refurbishing/repairing faulty electricals, mainly laptops and phones at min, but ill pretty much have a go at anything thats faulty. when ive repaired the items, they are no longer of any use to me, as i just wanted to take them apart, lol, so i then sell them on to people at a lower cost then they would normally have to pay, as we are all feeling the pinch at the min, so every little helps! anyway i bought a bios programming kit about 3 months ago and ive been playing with it ever since, which this forum has been a massive help with, when it comes to learning the whole process, so i thank you all for sharing your wisdom, you have been a massive help! anyway i look forward to working with and chatting with you all in the future!

Comment

Hello World! My name is Devin M. and I have had an interest in electronics since the age of 3.

I peeked inside a VCR and saw what I thought was a little crystal. I took it apart to see what was inside, and looked in aww at all the little gears and wires.

I remember pushing in a tape, and watching it work its magic. I was hooked for life.

These days, I am working on my soldering skills in NC at my main office. I visited with iPad Rehab in NY for a week, and learned a lot of techniques for soldering charging IC, HDMI, different charging ports, and how to use my multimeter in diode mode to solve a bunch of problems.

Now, I have two stations setup, and my wife is ready to join me in the fun.

I am glad to join the site, have a like minded community of technicians to shoot ideas off of.

Thank you all,
                            Devin M.

Comment

Not much just a hello.

Comment

Hello everyone, another newbie here.

62yr old female living on south coast of England, seeking information on any tech things I need to attempt to fix myself. I'm ok with low level fixes on kindles, laptops, phones etc and have just had to venture into LED TV's as I'm working on a repair right now (thanks to info I found in the forum already). I was actually referred here by a technician on JustAnswer.com! I have never worked in electronics or technology so it's just what I've learnt over the years as a hobby. I'm probably going to be asking more questions than answering!

Comment

Hello everybody,
                                  let me introduce myself as I am new to this forum. My name is Adam and I am from Brno, Czech Republic. I work as software developer, primarily C++, Python and as a hoby I do a lot of tinkering with embedded systems and home automation. I also do some fixing of a PC for my family or friends, which is exactly how I got here , while trying to find out schematic for my daughter's dead laptop.

Comment

Hi all,

New to this forum, based in London, UK, retired now, Builder.

Soldering skills are ok but have little to no knowledge in electronics, repairing the Grand Kids games and tools I'm good for and know how to build PCs, that's it.
                                    Capfiz

Comment

Not quite new to the forum but need help from the community.
                                      My name is Marinko and I have background in electronics but was working with software my whole life.
                                      Repairing electronics was my hobby long time ago when things were simpler,
                                      think schematics included with every tv,
                                      Lot more skills required not to do board level fix and most of the people including me replace complete boards.
                                      Besides electronics I do some watchmaking and lot of repairs on my car as I quite like mechanics too.
                                      Most recently changed rusted rocker panels on my 2012 jetta.

Grateful to have such good community and looking to receive some help from you guys

Comment

hiya

Comment

hello,
                                          what is this modification of the site??
                                          I can't log in with my old account !
                                          I connected this morning before leaving with the old version, I arrived at work everything had changed

Comment

Working...
                                          X