Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issue with Westinghouse 19" LCD Monitor (large pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Issue with Westinghouse 19" LCD Monitor (large pics)

Originally posted by aoggameover View Post
    My screen is a westinghouse 19" TV here are the problems with it it does work some what no sound screen takes 30min to power on click PC white screens and freezes click HDMI white screen and freezes now when i try to boot it back on blue LED flashes and wont power on til i pull the plug and plug it back in and wait another 30 min i pulled it apart thinking it was a loose wire inside it every thing is clean but 1 cap on the psu was bubbles but if you look at all the pix most of them are like that so i put it all back together i been reading forums and contacting people for the past few days now talking about the problems i own a westinghouse 32" tv nothing wrong with it its an old TV now never had a problem this lil 19" is a pain any ideas on what i should do with this screen
    This thread is of a specific model.If it's your unit, post a pic set of the boards and cap info and we'll go from there.
    There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
    • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
    • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
    • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
    • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
    • Windows 10 Pro x64
    • GeForce GT1050
      2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

What EGuevarae said. And for Faraday's sake, use some punctuation. Unreadable posts often aren't read.

PlainBill
      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
        What EGuevarae said. And for Faraday's sake, use some punctuation. Unreadable posts often aren't read.

PlainBill
        Read?
        As a matter of fact, I tend to read posts aloud to practice my English (2nd language) and see where punctuation can be inserted and such,so I can both try to help, learn and also improve my language.... you should try to read it....
        There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
        • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
        • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
        • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
        • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
        • Windows 10 Pro x64
        • GeForce GT1050
          2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Hello,although this post was started several years ago, it still keeps alive, so, after reading the whole tread, I think I can help a little.
          When trying to fix an ACER 2017, I used this dac-19m005 datasheet I found on the web.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YJWEDABQ

Here you can see schematics and components. Although it is a different LCD model, is has the same power board: DAC-19M005 CF REV: 00A, (plus it has just DUB conector, no DVI, but still the same board too), so: same problems and same fixes, I guest.
          After recapping all (same 2 bulged caps as every faulty board), I can see images on the screen but no backlight. You only can see it taking a light close to the screen ( I didn´t read anybody in this situation, everybody has no light but nobody has mentioned about dark images with no backlight)
          All the fuses on the backside are OK but I can see a damage transistor: Q204, on the backside, right close to the F200 4A fuse, so probably this is what I need to fix.
          According to Kahless (on post #299 and # 301) and billy 66 ( #320) I can see Q2004 burnt ( probably that´s because F200 fuse didn´t blew up), but I checked R210 and I got about 11 Ohm, so I think it´s Ok. Anyway, I ordered replacements for the whole components:Q204,Q208 and R210.
          I´ll post the results when I get it working here or in a new thread refering ACER 2017 (only DUB, no DVI conector)
          Thanks
          Attached Files
          Last edited by blackrider1; 05-12-2011, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X