Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issue with Westinghouse 19" LCD Monitor (large pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Issue with Westinghouse 19" LCD Monitor (large pics)

Originally posted by mobaar
    Holy crap....it worked.
    Bridged the fuse with solder?
    There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
    • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
    • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
    • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
    • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
    • Windows 10 Pro x64
    • GeForce GT1050
      2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Yep. Amazing that we both had the EXACT same issue. Wonder if we should make Westinghouse aware of it, it has to be some sort of weakest link in the system.

I apologize, but did not get the voltage readings on the MOSFETs before I closed it up. I hope to get on that in the next day or two.

Thanks again for everyone's input! Hopefully this can walk someone else through another expected issue with this inverter board.

Collin

Comment

Originally posted by mobaar
        Yep. Amazing that we both had the EXACT same issue. Wonder if we should make Westinghouse aware of it, it has to be some sort of weakest link in the system.

I apologize, but did not get the voltage readings on the MOSFETs before I closed it up. I hope to get on that in the next day or two.

Thanks again for everyone's input! Hopefully this can walk someone else through another expected issue with this inverter board.

Collin
        Same board, same problem, same solution so far. What bothers me is why?
        And I understand you were so anxious to start using it after you first noticed the backlight turned on. I contained myself, but if it was your first, I guess you didn't.
        Congratulations.
        I'm glad I was of any help to you.
        Just post a pic of the working monitor, please (for my records) if possible.

- Eduardo
        There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
        • Windows 10 Pro x64
        • GeForce GT1050

Comment

I have the monitor you two have been working on open in front of me, but am still unsure as to which fuse I put the jumper on....? Might you provide a photo..I have two of these monitors sitting around my work and am hoping they'll let me take one home!! Thanks, I hope..

Will

Comment

Originally posted by baffleonious
            I have the monitor you two have been working on open in front of me, but am still unsure as to which fuse I put the jumper on....? Might you provide a photo..I have two of these monitors sitting around my work and am hoping they'll let me take one home!! Thanks, I hope..

Will
            Welcome to BadCaps.net, Will

The fuse we are referring in previous posts is the one in the red rectangle :

This pic was posted by me before. I just wanted to make it easier for you to get to it.
            Did you check the MOSFETs and the caps already?
            - Eduardo
            • Windows 10 Pro x64
            • GeForce GT1050

Comment

nice one guys,
              I have never seen a fuse on solder side of board before,
              new one on me, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bobdee
                nice one guys,
                I have never seen a fuse on solder side of board before,
                new one on me, thanks
                Thanks, BobDee.
                I have seen them before on PS2 Slim and in an Acer 1916s that has the same PSU/Inverter board as this Westinghouse.
                You learn a lot around here, either experimenting, following advice, or expanding the scope of the things you see or look for in a failing/defective unit.
                • Windows 10 Pro x64
                • GeForce GT1050

Comment

Well, this is bad...I guess I inferred that I could bypass changing the Mosfet(s) (plus I'm unsure of which Capacitors to change...) by just jumping the one fuse. Such a simple solution I though, "I can do that!" but alas it looks like I'll have to put a bit of elbow grease into it...I guess I'll take the busted monitors home and hopefully figure out what the hell to do. On the other hand, I just assumed we had the same problem do to the similarity of symptoms but have done zero diagnostic work...and have never really done diagnostic work...So...in conclusion...I have a lot to learn and know not where to begin. Thanks for the efforts though. (if you have a ups acct number and want two westinghouse monitors...let me know, otherwise they're probably trash)

Comment

Hello Baffleoious,
                    please dont trash them,put them on your local freecycle,
                    or something like that,
                    better still put them to one side and have a good read on the badcaps forum,
                    they will be a good start to learn on ,as you have two of them,

Comment

Hi

I just registered to say thank you to all the knowledgeable people here. I was/am having the same problem as described in this thread. With the information picked up from here I intend on giving my monitor a second shot at life. Thanks again guys.

Cheers ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by DrGr33n
                        Hi

I just registered to say thank you to all the knowledgeable people here. I was/am having the same problem as described in this thread. With the information picked up from here I intend on giving my monitor a second shot at life. Thanks again guys.

Cheers ;-)
                        Welcome to Badcaps.Net

If you need help, post some pics, more info, and wait for either the feedback or requests for more info.
                        • Windows 10 Pro x64
                        • GeForce GT1050

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. Just posting to say that I followed the advice I picked up from this thread and had success in reviving the old 19in Viewsonic monitor. My 14 year old son is now enjoying it's second life, trouble is he now wants a better video card to play his games at 1400x900. Sheesh. No pleasing some people. Anyhow thanks again for the help.

Cheers ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by DrGr33n
                            Thanks for the welcome. Just posting to say that I followed the advice I picked up from this thread and had success in reviving the old 19in Viewsonic monitor. My 14 year old son is now enjoying it's second life, trouble is he now wants a better video card to play his games at 1400x900. Sheesh. No pleasing some people. Anyhow thanks again for the help.

Cheers ;-)
                            Been there. After the Video card, the HDD would be too small, the processor would be too slow, and in the end your wallet will be too empty
                            • Windows 10 Pro x64
                            • GeForce GT1050

Comment

Originally posted by eguevarae
                              Been there. After the Video card, the HDD would be too small, the processor would be too slow, and in the end your wallet will be too empty
                              Too true. One bright side: 'Last years' technology is often available at bargain basement prices. I've picked up high end socket 478 motherboards with 3 Ghz HT CPUs for less than $50. My last acquisition was an ATI video card with 256 Meg of RAM as a Craigslist freebie. Works perfectly.

PlainBill
                              For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by baffleonious
                                Well, this is bad...I guess I inferred that I could bypass changing the Mosfet(s) (plus I'm unsure of which Capacitors to change...) by just jumping the one fuse. Such a simple solution I though, "I can do that!" but alas it looks like I'll have to put a bit of elbow grease into it...I guess I'll take the busted monitors home and hopefully figure out what the hell to do. On the other hand, I just assumed we had the same problem do to the similarity of symptoms but have done zero diagnostic work...and have never really done diagnostic work...So...in conclusion...I have a lot to learn and know not where to begin. Thanks for the efforts though. (if you have a ups acct number and want two westinghouse monitors...let me know, otherwise they're probably trash)
                                Any news on this, baffleonious ?
                                • Windows 10 Pro x64
                                • GeForce GT1050

Comment

HI,

I am also having the same problem with my westing house monitor. The fuse F200 was "open" so i replaced..........and after i turned on the monitor it still did not work. I checked the fuse i just put in and it opened. So i have a short somewhere. I have a question about the BIT3713. I measure GND on pins 7 and 13

Pin configuration is below:

I think pin 7 is the actual gnd but...........i am not sure about 13.........

Three questions:
                                  1) How to determine what is causing the short which continues to open up fuse F200?
                                  2) Anyone know if pin 13 on BIT3713 should be GND
                                  3) Anyone know where to find replacement for BIT3713?

Comment

Originally posted by Welchs101
                                    HI,

I am also having the same problem with my westing house monitor. The fuse F200 was "open" so i replaced..........and after i turned on the monitor it still did not work. I checked the fuse i just put in and it opened. So i have a short somewhere. I have a question about the BIT3713. I measure GND on pins 7 and 13

Pin configuration is below:

I think pin 7 is the actual gnd but...........i am not sure about 13.........

Three questions:
                                    1) How to determine what is causing the short which continues to open up fuse F200?
                                    2) Anyone know if pin 13 on BIT3713 should be GND
                                    3) Anyone know where to find replacement for BIT3713?
                                    Welcome to the forums.
                                    Post a picture of the inverter/PSU to see if it is the same it is/was discussed here.
                                    • Windows 10 Pro x64
                                    • GeForce GT1050

Comment

exact same pic as was already posted by eguevarae on 03-07-2009, 04:17 PM

Comment

the monitor is a westinghouse L2046NV

Comment

Originally posted by Welchs101
                                          exact same pic as was already posted by eguevarae on 03-07-2009, 04:17 PM
                                          Good to know that I am being referred to my own pictures .... while that helps, one tries to find bulged caps, uneven colors or other signs of failure. And as your LCD is a 2046NV just like mine, I suggest that you check the MOSFETS in my thread about the 2046NV, or open a new thread.
                                          • Windows 10 Pro x64
                                          • GeForce GT1050

Comment

Working...
                                          X