View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 10:49 AM   #25643
PA1NT

City & State: Ridderkerk, Slikkerveer
My Country: Netherlands
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Default Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey hello,

I'm Simon from the Netherlands, licenced radio amateur (Call sign PA1NT). Aged 55.
Have been an electronics service engineer (pinball/slot machines and arcade video cabinets), programmer (PLC's in an industrial environment) and technician in general. My current job is head of the technical department of a small window decoration company.

My 4y old LG OLED tv stopped working two days after a service replacement of the PSU, that was recommended by LG.

LG's service department is not that cooperative (understatement) in giving detailed information about the power supply. They are willing to send a technician (eh... PCB swapper would be a better qualification) but I will have to pay for the technical investigation and repair.

So now I'm in the process of gathering information about the power supply to see if I can determine the cause of the failure (my first guess is that the replacement PSU was faulty). And that brought me here. I think I've been here before for a Samsung display with faulty capacitors..

PA1NT is offline   Reply With Quote